All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Contribute Services Request For Artwork

Hello and Good Morning/Evening/Afternoon! :)

There are several people, software, and websites that I am very greatful to have come across (and learn from) since I started this "adventure" in building my own arcade cabinet (dub name "Box O' Awesome :) ) - this site, the members here, and GameEx take a big part of that pie.

As a show of appriciation for all the hard work, sweat, and hours that has been put into GameEx and this forum from both Tom Speirs, as well as many other admins, moderators, and members, I would love to contribute any services that may be needed to help continue making GameEx the best front end software to date! :)

I'm still in the process of learning as much as I can, and hopefully more, about GameEx and any troubleshooting tips. As I learn more, I will help the people who begin using this software more. And hopefully, with Tom's permission, one day I can help create software that will work hand in hand with GameEx. :)

Until that day comes, all I can do now is request to help out with smaller issue. One thing that I have in mind is this:

Emumovies is a great website, and I have to give credit where credit is due - if it wasn't for that website, I would have spent long hours manually gathering all artwork needed, making video and image snaps, etc. If anyone here has any difficulty finding or gathering any type of artwork that they need from EmuMovies, please send me a message here including the name of the game, version, platform, and rom name, and I will do my very best to find the artwork for you, or make it, and I will send it to you (as well as upload it to EmuMovies, if they will allow me to).

Please let me know what you think :).

LC

I think/hope that is what he is suggesting. As for works that are available through the limited access or nominal subscription / restriction free from EmuMovies (a partner site to GameEx), I do not think he is suggesting he will provide that content to anyone.

Thanks KRC! I'll copy and paste it there as well :)

@ Adultery - lol, yes, I am suggesting that I can help with finding or making artwork that is difficult to find :).

And I apologize if there was any misinterpretation - I will never violate any terms and conditions with EmuMovies - they are a great website and I am really greatful for them lol :) ...the only movies and artwork I can and will find are the ones not present on EmuMovies, and that are hard to find. This morning, I found my old "The Sims" disk and decided to install it on my cab - but had a hard time finding any snaps or other artwork for it on Emumovies. So, I just created my own, and it works perfect. Thats what I hope that I can begin with bringing to "the table" :). Also, if there is a request for artwork that is not on Emumovies - after I create or find the artwork, I would like to first send the person who is requesting it the files, and then, hopefully, upload it to Emumovies, so that if there are any future requests for that specific game, I can route them to the Emumovie website :).

Cool deal! For any video snaps, be sure to check the forums regarding the .mp4 formats being used so that your contributions are consistent with the standards they have established. I am sure Circo will be appreciative of any contributions you make towards that end and the GameEx community will be appreciative as well!

Awesome! and thanks for the info concerning the .mp4 formats! I will check out the forums and will be looking forward to getting started soon :)

Lol, I just need a way to get in touch with Circo and run this past him and see how to upload any artwork if he approves...I logged in with my Emumovies account, but can't seem to find any contact info.