All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] No Games Found... getting very frustrated

theduke08

I believe this has something to do with my ROM Path. The problem is that I am trying to set up Znes and I am sure i have the correct ROM path however when I open GameEx it will tell me no games are found. Please help. I want to make sure I can set this up properly before purchasing. I had similar problems with Project 64 then it just started working. I have checked some of the other posts and none have worked. Please Help.

Console Nintendo SNES (ZSNES).ini

Hi Duke - I am going to refer you to this thread which will help you find the error for yourself. You will find a link that will tell you where to find the correct command line to correct the one showing in your emulator config for ZSNES.

Yours shows as Command=zsnesw.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE which is incorrect. I am referring you to the solution so that you may know where to go to find the correct command lines and assorted files to assist you in correctly setting up GameEx to work properly with your emulator rather than just giving the answer outright.

Hi theduke08, and wlecome to the forums!

Thanks for posting your emulator config, it makes a big difference for troubleshooting. It looks like you have an issue with your command line here, but that my not be your first issue. Just to verify, is this emulator working correctly outside of GameEx?

As far as GameEx itself goes, it looks like one of two things might be happening.

• GameEx displays games in your list, but fails to launch any of them

• GameEx doesn't display any games in your list.

The first issue there can hopefully be addressed by fixing up the command line.

You currently have this:

zsnesw.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE

which should at the very least be fixed up to look like this:

zsnesw.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

If it's the second issue you'll first want to verify that all your SNES ROMS are in this directory:

C:\Roms\Nintendo SNES

Do you know if your games are merged? (They are all zipped up but each zip archive contains several actual ROMS). that may be causing you an issue as well.

Check into the above, and we'll go from there! :)

yeah that was a typo but that is not the problem. I have a "No Games Found" error. I have directed it to the correct rom path and have even tried copying my rom files to another path and directed it there. That typo did not affect they error.

Please refer to the post by nullPointer just preceding yours in reference to the second scenario. He has some good questions that will need your answers. Thanks!

Glad to hear you got everything sorted out duke! Nice work! Enjoy your gaming.

One final piece of housekeeping we like to request for threads that have been satisfactorily resolved is to ask the OP to mark the thread as [RESOLVED]. This can be accomplished by editing your original post and and clicking 'Use Full Editor.' From that screen you can edit the title of the thread. Typically this takes the form of "[RESOLVED] Thread Title"

This mainly serves as a service to future users who may run into the exact same problem. Thanks, and welcome once again to the forums!

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now marked as Resolved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.