All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mame Game Year

Evilforces

Hi Guys.

Only a question. I downloades the latest version of mame 32 (0.104) and i see in the left options, short by year, and i can see games until 2005, but in gameex i only can see games until 2002.

What can i do to make apear games until the last date (2005)?

and another question, How can i chage the short menu options? (i saw the catver page but i dont understand how to use it)

Thanks a lot, and excuse my bad english...

Ok guys, and the last one... Where i have to put my history.dat file?

Ok, now Thanks a lot.

someone else might know more but I would think that the latest games are not really playable due to the amount of hardware to emulate... ie low low low FPS. I think there is an option in the configuration to hide non 'working' titles. Change that to no/false... just the first thing I thought of.

Thanks for your reply mec11, but whit the mame32, i can play all new games. I don´t think this is the solution.

I think there is a form to gameex recognize all new games, buy i don´t know how.

Thanks a lot.

any more suggestions for all my questions?

Thanks for your reply mec11, but whit the mame32, i can play all new games. I don´t think this is the solution.

I think there is a form to gameex recognize all new games, buy i don´t know how.

Thanks a lot.

any more suggestions for all my questions?

Well I am pretty sure the legal and official versions of MAME does not have games that new, so if there showing up in MAME32 you must be using some kind of illegal build, which GameEx probably does not support fully.

First of all, thanks for your reply Tom.

I don´t understand well what are you trying say me.

The version of mame I´m using is the official Mame 32, dowloaded from this page ---> MAME 32

and, if you try it, you can see that it shows games until year 2005 or 2004 or 2003...

For Example, there is a game called Metal Slug 5, that appears in the 2003 year, and, in gameex, not appear, because this year its not showed.

Only a question, in gameex ¿wich file is that shows the years menus, type of game, etc...?

If i know what file make this, i cant try to copy that file from my mame32 folder, to my gameex folder to see if it shows the same when i try sort by year in gameex.

Can you explain me this?

Thanks a lot Tom

First of all, thanks for your reply Tom.

I don´t understand well what are you trying say me.

The version of mame I´m using is the official Mame 32, dowloaded from this page ---> MAME 32

and, if you try it, you can see that it shows games until year 2005 or 2004  or 2003...

For Example, there is a game called Metal Slug 5, that appears in the 2003 year, and, in gameex, not appear, because this year its not showed.

Only a question, in gameex ¿wich file is that shows the years menus, type of game, etc...?

If i know what file make this, i cant try to copy that file from my mame32 folder, to my gameex folder to see if it shows the same when i try sort by year in gameex.

Can you explain me this?

Thanks a lot Tom

Maybe it does support newer games just thought it didnt and only supported games older than 3 years or similar. GameEx gets the years when it runs MAME with the command line option -listxml. This outputs all information about the games MAME has from MAME itselft. When games dont show in GameEx its normally because you dont have the game or one of the filters is stopping it showing such as only show working games, or the filter on name..

You can look at the output in your mame directory called listinfo.dat and see if there and check the filtering options.

Ok Tom, I´m not an expert in computers, and i can´t solve this...

I try to see the content of the file listinfo.dat , but I don´t understand what are you saying me I have looking for.

Would you like i send you mi listinfo.dat file to see it?

P.D. Am I the only person that MAME32 shows games of years 2005, 2004 and 2003?

Can I use another version of mame to solve this big problem?

Thanks a lot Tom