All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Game Info Plugin

Adultery

Not a big update but an update none the less:

• Fixed a bug where last played time wasn't logged when game was exited
  • Gentle layout tweaks to make the data fields line up better

• Like 2

Update coming soon!

I finally got around to finishing up jukebox support. Its working great so far, just wanna do a tiny bit more testing before I release it. Stay tuned!

This update is completed!

• Added "Jukebox" functionality to the plugin
    • The Jukebox banner displays the Song Name, Artist Name and Album Name
    • In "Attract Mode", the logo image is replaced by the album cover art and the info banner stays on screen if you have attract set to launch and keep playing your music
    • Last.FM integration is available but not included by default due to a licensing issue. PM me if you're interested in the patch.
      • If Last.FM integration is activated, the banner overlay also includes a bio section, which displays in this order:
        • The song bio if available
        • The album bio if available
        • The artist bio if available

[*]The plugin will also download and use Last.FM album and artist art

[*]In either case, the plugin will display GameEx's artwork for track and album

• If nothing is found on Last.FM or Last.FM is not activated, the plugin will use GameEx's artwork instead.

[*]If no cover art can be located, "Attract Mode" will use your default logo instead

[*]Touched up some code where GameEx tries to hijack your 2nd monitor in attract (you may see GameExtender for a half a second in between games)

I'll be updating the first post with the new Last.FM free version in a little bit. Again, you can PM me if you're interested in the Last.FM patch (which I highly recommend by the way).

Thanks again for all your support! :)

• Like 2

Here comes the first graphics pack to accompany my MegaMAME theme! Here's what's inside:

• Custom Attract Mode logo
  • Game Info BG
  • Jukebox BG
  • Jukebox loading image
  • Jukebox No Album Art image
  • Image Not Available image

...and here's a shot of the two banners in action:

post-680-0-11789600-1345099637_thumb.png

Game Info mode

post-680-0-08312200-1345099670_thumb.png

Jukebox mode

Simply extract the images to the GameEx/PLUGINS/Game Info/Resources folder.

If ya like it, grab the pack from the first post. :)

I am currently accepting donations for my hard work. Please click here to help!!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Updated to 1.0.5

• Added user configurable options and a quick GUI:
    post-680-0-36951700-1345358743_thumb.png

In the future I'm also going to add a theme option to the plugin so you can have multiples in a folder structure like so:

Game Info/Resources/Themes/MegaMame/Theme.xml

The theme xml will contain the image name for that function, like this sorta:

<gi_theme>

<name>MegaMAME 1.0</name>

<no_img>Whipple.jpg</no_img>

<juke_bg>Love The Banner.png</juke_bg>

<attract_bg>Wow this image rules.png</attract_bg>

</gi_theme>

You get the idea. This is the future though, so don't get all excited just yet. Ihave way more intention than ambition. LOL! ;)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

hello, I have my first problem with this...Display in wrong monitor, my cab have 3 monitors connected:

1.- 32" regular led tv out the cab for pc based gaming :)

2.- 22" LCD main monitor

3.- 7" Analog monitor in marquee

When i want play some pc based game, i must use monitor 1 as principal using then nvidia panel for setup but when i need use the old config (Monitor 2 as principal, and 3 as desktop extender) the game and game info of this pluging show in main monitor (Monitor 2) and game extender in monitor 3.

I think of this issue is about of my main monitor is the number 2 and not number 1....Where i can fix that, forcing pluging to monitor 3?

Bye

You can't right now, sorry... This is really made to compliment GameExtender and that doesn't offer the functionality to use another monitor besides the 2nd (yet).

Your best bet is to disable it for those games (for now) until I come up with something more elegant. It's easy enough to add a setting globally, but on a per-game basis is a little more tricky.

To disable it for a game just add [NOINFO] to the game's command line that uses the 2nd monitor.

EDIT: I just re-read your post... How is it that GameExtender is displaying on the 3rd monitor? There's no setting for that AFAIK... GameInfo is hard coded to use monitor #2 all the time (as GameExtender should be also??)

I might add a CL switch for this (like [iNFOSCREEN = 3] or something similar).

EDIT: I just re-read your post... How is it that GameExtender is displaying on the 3rd monitor? There's no setting for that AFAIK... GameInfo is hard coded to use monitor #2 all the time (as GameExtender should be also??)

I might add a CL switch for this (like [iNFOSCREEN = 3] or something similar).

Yep, i thinks is windows problem, Before activate the 32" Led as principal monitor all work ok. After that , all gameex and mameplus running in monitor 3(7") and game extedender and game info run in monitor 2 (22") :blink:

I must set the gameextender monitor as primary, an set //DISPLAY2 as principal in mameplusUI (Monitor 3 is detected as //DISPLAY1 <_< )

In Nvidia Control Panel all is detected Ok :huh: . I dont know what happen between. Never before have this problem switching monitor...

if you add a CL switch for this (like [iNFOSCREEN = 3] would be great!

bye

EDIT: SOLVED! is a nvidia issue, i uninstall driver, restart , reinstall lastest version of nvidia driver, restart and all work fine again :)

Byeee

• 2 weeks later...

An update to make it show up on desired display would be nice. My GameEx/Emulator setup all run on my HDTV (secondary display, but set as primary before launch), but on windows it still shows up as display 2. So basically the plugin runs on the HDTV underneath emulators and flickers everytime the counter updates. It used to work fine when the numbers were switched around (windows identified my primary as 2 and my HDTV as 1). But now that they got switched again after update, I pretty much can't enable it.

Anyway, nothing major. Just some feedback. :D

Okay guys, I did my best to add in your requests. Please test this for me and let me know if it works as planned (it does for me, but I'd like to be sure). :)

Updated to 1.0.6:

• Added Screen Number options:
    • Specify default monitors for all three modes, or
    • Specify default monitors on a per-emu basis

These options are available via the Configuration in the Plugin Manager... Download the new build in the first post.

• Like 1