All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Game Info Plugin

Adultery

Great update!

Is there a way or are you planning to add a feature to allow for the selection of a single BG image by name? This will be useful for keeping consistant with an overarching theme. I will be creating a theme to go with the Smoked Glass theme I created. More fun!

Yes, there is an Extender BG option in the theme settings already. Any time the extender is shown it will look for that image and then overlay your icons/snaps on top.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have it sorted now but running into 2 new issues, likely PEBKAK.

First, how do you disable the Game Info screen from displaying at Windows startup?

Second, Lastfm info does not display, even though it is enabled and patched.

Let me know what files you need and I'll try to get them to you tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I missed this post Drac!

The Game Info screen I think you're talking about is the GameExtender replacement? That shows as soon as GameEx loads up, and pops up much faster than GameEx itself does. If it pops up for you at startup without GameEx running, it may be related to the exe sleeping but I'm not sure... It shouldn't.

As for jukebox integration, I pinged Tom on that. This is actually an issue with GameEx and not the plugin. Hopefully that will be fixed shortly.

This is fixed, and I uncovered a couple other minor quirks in the jukebox visualizer that I also corrected. I am doing some more tweaking today and I'll put this out soon. Thanks for the report Draco!

1.3.3 is out!

• Fix issue where Jukebox Viewer was not working
  • More optimizations to the jukebox viewer and Last.FM look-ups - Song data is now displayed in < 5 seconds in most cases (depending on your connection speed of course)
  • Fixed a bug where album and artist images were being incorrectly called/loaded
  • Added support for 'Mega' images from Last.FM for the Extender artist picture
  • Addressed some lingering 'debugging' code that needed to be optimized
  • A few other performance enhancements
Thanks be to Draco1962 for the help in discovering the broken jukebox visualizer... I admittedly don't use the jukebox on my cab as often as I log into Sirius-XM, so my apologies for however long this has been broken. This update really snaps up the speed on the lookups for Last.FM integration, so hopefully it was worth the wait just based on that. :)

Get it from the usual places, or just use the really cool update feature in the Repository Manager. :)

Another update to this... I got the 2nd monitor running on my compluter so I could do some testing. Had to fix a couple things and added some new functionality while I was in there. Enjoy!

• [1.3.5] Added Game Logo capability to GameEx plugin framework (I'll update QuickLaunch to sieze this capability as well, just need to pull in the GameEx  plugin framework).
  • [1.3.5] Hooked into the Game Logo for the GameInfo Extender overlay. It will now cycle like this:
    1. Game Logo
    2. If MAME, Game Marquee
    3. Game Title
    4. Game Snapshot
    5. Default "No Image Found" Image
  • [1.3.5] Fixed a monitor enumeration issue in the Plugin Settings.
  • [1.3.5] Fixed a bug when getting the Artist image from Last.FM.
  • [1.3.5] Last.FM integration now utilizes SSL, so your calls are more, well, secure. :)
  • [1.3.5] Further code optimizations, some of which were rather intrusive. Please let me know if something seems off.