All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Game Info Plugin

Adultery

No rush to get it sorted - I'm confident it'll happen. Just have a week off and trying to get this project finished so I can get obsessed about healthier things instead! :)

That's why querying the roll back - need working version to test all my emu setups - at the moment lots of gameex, gameinfo and extender crashes. However, I shall bat on and wait for the sun :D

Yeah I think it's a bug exclusive to the control panel viewer perhaps, that creepy in when I rewrote it. Give me a bit I'll see what I can see.

• Like 1

So I came up with an idea. I was using vkey combos to control keypresses instead of calling the form keypress event. I'm working on revising that function, and I think it'll solve this issue. I should have a new build for you to try in a bit.

Stay tuned! :)

• Like 1

Hi Adultry, could you please tell me how can i disable the Jukebox window in the game info plugin? i have only 2 Screens. one for mame and one for the extenter. the Jukebox window is too much, but i cant it disable. In the plug in Setting has enable/disable Feature no effect (Jukebox or Audio). In the screenselektor i can see an Option "None".

can you help?

tanks in advance

René

I found the bug. If you got a second can you please test this beta?

I also fixed the jukebox not hiding flocke. Sorry about that, I forgot to hook it in when I moved the settings to the toolbar.

Yes! Get in! Thanks Adultery - happy days indeed.

As a matter of interest, what was the prob? Probably be bit beyond my comprehension, but having spent ages wrestling with button mappings/DInput etc, bit interested in keystroke side of things.

Thanks for sorting this!

When I passed control of the CPanel off to the visualizer, I had a form close event in the CPanel Viewer tucked in there that I forgot to take out... it had nothing to do with key bindings after all which is why I didn't find it right away. :)

Completely my fault, I use the "always show" option so I didn't catch it in testing. :)

Thanks for your help, let me know if you hit any more snags.

• Like 1

Next we have Game Info 1.2.6b2!

Beta 1 addressed the bug with the CPanel Viewer and the Jukebox disabling, as well as a couple othe minor bugs that crept in on the last update.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm putting in some work to the themeing of Game Info, since the file size was getting too darn big to include the themes with the GameEx install. This beta includes the first addition to the new system.

Clicking Theme Creator under the Themes option in the toolstrip brings up the new built-in theme creator:

gi-tc_1.png

gi-tc_2.png

Simply select the viewer or the option you wish from the folder tab menu, and either browse to the appropriate file or pick the font color. You can import an existing theme and make changes, or base a new theme off of it (just change the file name to keep from overwriting the original).

All your assets are copied to the appropriate folder automatically no matter where they are on your system, and the theme xml is created programatically. Gone are the days where you have to worry about HTML color codes or even XML structure, just point and click your way to your very own custom Game Info themes. When you're done, just choose your theme and apply it in the Theme Picker.

Next step is to add a Theme Downloader option so you can browse all the themes available on the Game Info site without having to ever leave your plugin. Pretty cool deal eh?

Enjoy! B)

• Like 2

Game Info 1.2.6b3 is out!

I finished up the Theme Downloader. It's pretty self explanatory, select a theme, press "DOWNLOAD" to install it. Here's some pics of it in action:

gi-dl_demo-1.png

gi-dl_demo-2.png

Make sure you extract the whole thing, the plugin needs the new System.Data.Zip.dll to function properly.
Get it from the usual places: Direct from DracLabs or via the Plugin Downloader Software.

That's all for now, test it out and see if it does what it's supposed to and I'll put it out as a stable. B)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did you download the beta after you updated? GameEx overwrites betas with stable versions.

I should probably release the version as a stable release to avoid that, our have Tom take it out of the installer.

I think this beta should be released as a STABLE, so let me repack it and you can add that. Given my current schedule, I don't see any updates coming any time soon, and it's been running great on my system (not to mention the previously mentioned bug fixes).

I'll get back to you on that. ;)

Adultery, my dear chap...

I know you're terribly busy with other things. However - when you return to GamInfo, I wonder if there is any way to make the "show controls/CP" function work in the general GameEx interface?

I need to display a graphic displaying the keys to use within the GE interface, and can't find any other way to do this. Can't find a way to do this via GameExtender either....

tootle-pip

• 5 months later...

Updated to 1.2.7

The change log is friggin massive and I don't have time to write it up, but there's a theme creator and a ton of bug fixes in here. Please download this version before making any bug reports. :)

• Like 1