All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Mame Res Problem

epicfatigue

Hey Guys,

Asus rampage formula x48

4gig Hyperx Ram 1044

intel xenon 5.5ghz

arcadevga 3000

corsair 430psu

WG Arcade monitor 15htz

Sorry for my exsessive posting just trying to put the finishing touches on my unit.

I have purchessed an Arcadevga and the picture is awesome but i am stuggling to get mame to use the correct resolutions.

It seems that mame will not select a resolution even when i have it set to auto ?

It will defualt to whatever i have my desktop res set to,

Is there away to get mame to select the correct res or a tool to work out what the res should be and to set them for each game?

Or what the best res for 80% of games should be?

EG if i have desktop set to 240x240 1942 fits awesome. then if i load 1942 counter atack its zoomed in and missing top and bottom.

Please help me pulling my hair out!!!

I have the following lines in my mame.ini

#

# VIDEO OPTIONS

#

video ddraw

numscreens 1

window 0

maximize 1

keepaspect 1

prescale 1

effect none

pause_brightness 0.65

waitvsync 0

syncrefresh 0

#

# DIRECTDRAW-SPECIFIC OPTIONS

#

hwstretch 0

#

# FULL SCREEN OPTIONS

#

triplebuffer 0

switchres 1

A few things you can try.. Check out the "Video Tools" section in the Utilities post.

Also there is a custom version of MAME called GroovyMAME. But just to quote a post about it from BYOAC:

Your response implies (not intentionally, of course) that GroovyMAME won't work with an ArcadeVGA 3000 in Windows.

You can use GroovyMAME with an ArcadeVGA3000. The only drawback is the ArcadeVGA 3000 is limited to about 30 pre-defined resolutions. GroovyMAME will do the best it can with what the ArcadeVGA allows.

So to recap...

• GroovyMAME IS the best MAME build for an ArcadeVGA 3000.
  • An ArcadeVGA 3000 is NOT the best video card for GroovyMAME, but it will certainly work.
  • The OPTIMAL CONFIGURATION is GroovyMAME + a supported ATI video card + Calamity's hacked ATI drivers.

EDIT: You beat me to it. AVRes is listed under the "Video Tools" link ;)

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is marked as Resolved and is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.