All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] pSX emulator in Gameex

MNMax21

I am having difficulty getting Gameex to open games from psx. If I am just in psx, I can open them without an issue. However, when I try to open by way of Gameex. It will not work. I think my problem may be the command line. I have the roms in the cdimages file and gameex is directed to that rom file. Does anyone have any suggestions? My command line is below:

psxfin.exe -f "[ROMPATH]/[ROMFILE]"

I get the error box that says "CD not usable:failed to open image." However, it will work when I open it in psx.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Well, I wrote this a little while before I went to work this evening. I am now away from my computer until tomorrow morning at about 8 am CST. I can say that the only filters I have messed with as far as Roms and Gameex were in regards to MAME. I added a few rom names that were working outside of Gameex, but for some reason would not load inside Gameex. I just recently got RomCenter and fixed all of my roms for MAME.

I can say that if there is a default setting for the rom filter for the psx emulator in gameex, that's what mine would be. I kind of am assuming there just isn't anything in the filter area right now. I will check and post in the morning. The file type is a question too. I will check into that and post too.

Frequency: I could have just mistyped the actual command line in my post. I am hoping it is that easy!! I haven't changed anything other than my snaps, media, etc. from the default file location settings that just came across when I downloaded the emulator from the settings wizard(come to think of it, I may not have even changed that. I think it might have been setup where I put the files).

If it is that easy, then it might be something that would need to be changed in the download... I'm assuming I just typed it incorrectly.

I can tell you one more thing about it. When I click on the game in gameex, it leaves gameex and opens psx. It then pops up the window stating "CD not usable:failed to open image." Then it acually opens the psx and I get to the start menu screen for the emulator.. but the game doesn't open. That's why I assumed my command line was wrong. However, if I am filtering out the type of rom file I have... then that would be the issue!

thanks! I'll post an update in the morning.

Well, I figured it out. It was a user error!! ;) I probably shouldn't have given myself so little time before work to look into the issue. I had the roms file listed as being in the emulators\roms\cdimages folder. I have my roms or cdimages in the roms folder on my computer in the sony playstation section (roms\Sony Playstation\roms\cdimages)... USER ERROR!!! I felt like a dunce when I saw that! The games now play just fine. It's weird how they were listed as available games in gameex, but it was the wrong file path... Could it have been picking up on the snaps and media, but not the actual game file?

This however brought up a second question. Each game has 2 files, well NFL Blitz has 3, and now all two or three for each game show up under the games list in gameex. I can click on any of them and the game properly starts. I have a .bin (x2 for Blitz) and .cue file for each game. They are not zipped. Do I have to create a list data file for the emulator to only show one listing of the game or can I filter out one of the files (ie: the .bin file) since all of the files seem to properly open up the game?

Thanks! I am off to bed!

MNMax21.png

LOL. Glad you got it sorted. It shouldn't have built the list unless maybe you had them at that location before? As far as the way they're listed, it's best to add filters. That way only the filtered files will be shown instead of all of them.

I ended up only showing the .cue files, due to their being two .bin files for NFL Blitz. It works great now. I will mark as resolved. Thanks!