All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Setting Up EPSX help please

epicfatigue

Hey Everyone,

I am setting up my emulators one at a time and today i am doing my playsation.

Now i had a quick muck around and i struggled.

I trolled the forums and i found mixed results as to what is the best emulator.

PSX or EPSX

I have both in a running state out of game EX.

I would like to run my roms from compressed 7zip files to save space.

They both seems easy enough to configure i am just stuggleing to get them to run,

ill post my config in a minute gunna have another crack at getting it going.

Okay so when i load the game from Gameex i ge the playsation bios loading screen then i get a odd looking black Playstation logo

and nothing more :(

I am running the files from 7zip.

They are mostly bin/cue files

works outside of emulator is i extract the files perfectly

Hi epicfatigue! There are a couple things that stand out to me in your emulator config. The first one is this:

GamesIn7Zips=False

ePSXe doesn't have native support for compressed images, so if you're loading the compressed images from GameEx you'll need to have this field set to true in your emulator config (it's called Zip/7-Zip/GoodMerge on the Advanced Emulator Setup screen in the Setup Wizard). Note that decompressing disc images can take a while, so you may want to take that into account (I've done both ways on my rig, but currently run with uncompressed images).

The other thing that stands out is this:

RomFilter=*.bin;*.cue;*.iso;*.img

In my experience it may be better show *.bin or *.cue in your list, but not both. Typically I configure GameEx to omit the file extension from games in my game list, so if I was showing both the bin and cue files, I wouldn't know which one I was launching. Interestingly enough I've had better luck setting my filter to *.bin than I've had setting it to *.cue (which is totally counterintuitive, but true in my case). OTOH I mount my images through DaemonTools so that may also play a role here.

Note that if you do mount your disc images through DaemonTools it will require a virtual SCSI drive and not the default DT drive.

Glad this is still here. I couldn't get ePSXe to run to save my life though it ran fine outside GameEx. I installed DaemonTools Lite but it didn't help. I said "heck with it" and copied the command line from his ini and pasted it into mine. Didn't know about all those switches but worked like a charm. :)

Command=epsxe.exe -nogui -slowboot -loadbin "[rompath]\[romfile]" -loadmemc0 "memcards\[rom]"

Glad this is still here. I couldn't get ePSXe to run to save my life though it ran fine outside GameEx. I installed DaemonTools Lite but it didn't help. I said "heck with it" and copied the command line from his ini and pasted it into mine. Didn't know about all those switches but worked like a charm. :)

Glad my post helped someone!