All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Light Gun options?

MNMax21

I recently read a www.eHow.com article about how to make your ps3 controller work on your computer and then in MAME. http://www.ehow.com/how_5549681_use-ps-controller-mame.html if you're interested. Anyways, I really want to have some light guns for my MAME cabinet. I really like the aimtrack ones over at www.ulitmarc.com, but they are $95. I'm wondering if anyone knows of an old USB gun system that might work in MAME. I have an LCD TV monitor in my cabinet, so it would have to be LCD friendly.

I think I might eventually go the aimtrack route, but I'd like a cheaper option in the meantime. Basically, see how much I actually use the things before I pay $200+ shipping for a pair of them. I also still need a spinner on my panel, so I figure I'll combine the order and save on shipping. It'll run me like $400 if I add the wheel attachment too. Argh!

Cool review, thanks Draco. I don't think the review makes mention of it, but those Arcade Guns actually house AimTrak hardware. Andy from Ultimark has apparently authorized them as official resellers of AimTrak hardware. If you were minding every dollar, those Arcade Guns would be a good test drive for AimTrak hardware (although honestly the price difference is less than $10, so if you were thinking about AimTrak any way, it might be more effective to simply go that route).