All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Sharp X86000 under GameEx

JimmyCoupe

Has anyone had any luck setting up the Sharp X86000 under GameEx?

I am trying to setup WinX68kHighSpeed_eng but I am having trouble with forcing it to start in fullscreen and the escape key to go back to GameEx works but leaves the emulator still running. I have also had trouble with the command line but I got over this hurdle by updating the ini file via a batch file.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you kaceyrayclare, any help would be appreciated. I cant find any command line help for this emulator nor can I find the fullscreen parameter :(. Another problem is getting Gameex to kill the process of the emulator when returning to the frontend.

I will look forward to seeing if you have more luck than me. I'm sure it will work though as someone has taken the time and effort to create a Gameex DB for the Sharp X86000 and a snap shot and video package.

Be good to get this one going as the Sharp was one hot machine for arcade conversions.

Still working on this could only spend a little while earlier, so far I've completely setup winx68k outside GameEx and it's working ok, I've done the setup within GameEx and tested several command lines, I've managed fullscreen within GameEx but the Rom doesn't boot, I'll keep trying.

How did you get winx68k into fullscreen from the command line?

I can make games boot by writing to the ini file via a batch file command line. I use a program called inifile.exe to make the writes.

Batch File:

""c:\Emulators\Sharp X86000\inifile.exe" "c:\Emulators\Sharp X86000\winx68k.ini" [WinX68k] "FDD0Image=c:\Emulators\Sharp X86000\Games\Afterburner II - Disk 1 of 2.dim"

"c:\Emulators\Sharp X86000\inifile.exe" "c:\Emulators\Sharp X86000\winx68k.ini" [WinX68k] "FDD1Image=c:\Emulators\Sharp X86000\Games\Afterburner II - Disk 2 of 2.dim"

"c:\Emulators\Sharp X86000\WinX68kHighSpeed_eng.exe"

exit

Have you managed to get it to kill the process yet?

@jimmycoupe,

You might find this useful for fullscreen, winx68k doesnt initially support fullscreen, I have attached a patch for winx68k.

Use the readme on how to use the patcher,its for english version only

I got confused in my earlier post about fullscreen, I didnt get winx68k to fullscreen,im setting up alot of stuff and tweaking existing things and i got a little mixed up, but the above post may help you.

• 1 year later...

Yo!

I had the same problem with this one and actually I gave up. I was bored so had another look.

If you make an AHK script as per the below and run it before the emulator starts you should be good to go:

WinWait, WinX68kHighSpeed v0.95,
IfWinNotActive, WinX68kHighSpeed v0.95, , WinActivate, WinX68kHighSpeed v0.95,
WinWaitActive, WinX68kHighSpeed v0.95,
Sleep, 100
Send, {F11}d{Enter}
Exitapp

Bear in mind you just need to turn off the menu option "Option > Show fps/MHz" so that it can find the correct Window.

I have a GameBase version of this Emu and have not tried it yet but the above AutoHotkey Script definitely works.

Just turn it into an EXE (if you haven't got AutoHotkey Installed on your machine) and run it before launching the Emulator stand alone to test it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got it working!! :D

I can confirm the above script does work for fullscreen. Setup in GameEx under Also Launch. I then created an individual win68k.ini files for each game using the same filename as the game and put them in my win68k folder under a new folder called configs. After that I created an AHK script that copies the ini file to the win68k folder before launching win68k and set that up in GameEx under Launch before like so:

Also Launch: C:\GameEx\SCRIPTS\Sharp X68000\Fullscreen.exe

Launch Before: "C:\GameEx\SCRIPTS\Sharp X68000\[ROM].exe" (Note: Include the quotes or it won't work)

each game now runs perfectly fullscreen with their own config.

Here is an example of my AHK script for Crazy Climber I & II:

FileCopy, H:\Sharp x68000\WinX68K\Configs\Crazy_Climber_I_&_II\winx68k.ini, H:\Sharp x68000\WinX68K\winx68k.ini, 1
Exitapp

Just create the same script for each game essentially but change the folder location. The command line for the emulator itself is:

ROM Filter: *.dim

Command Line: WinX68kHighSpeed_eng.exe

• Like 2