All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Car Arcade

Pojosama

I have seen alot of Automobile's with custom pc's put in them lately and ive had an idea About doing the same in my back seat for my daughter and using game ex as a front end for the Arcade classic's (coolest three year old ever). Has anyone seen anyone do this? I just am curious how they did it and where to start as I dont want to change much in my car as its rather new .

I have seen alot of Automobile's with custom pc's put in them lately and ive had an idea About doing the same in my back seat for my daughter and using game ex as a front end for the Arcade classic's (coolest three year old ever). Has anyone seen anyone do this? I just am curious how they did it and where to start as I dont want to change much in my car as its rather new .

I haven't done it personally but use to dabble in car audio/video hence where my username originated from. What type of hardware do you currently have?

I have multiple computers that could do the trick but I was thinking something small like a net book just wonder how to mount a screen in the car without changing anything.

Could always just

I have multiple computers that could do the trick but I was thinking something small like a net book just wonder how to mount a screen in the car without changing anything.

Well could always just get screens that are mounted in the headrests. As far as a net book. I would go with something more powerful.

I don't think you are going to get away from some chopping and modding of the interior of your car. You will need a small/slim form factor PC and a mount, power inverter to convert your car's power to AC current for the PC, plus the mods for the display.

I don't think you are going to get away from some chopping and modding of the interior of your car. You will need a small/slim form factor PC and a mount, power inverter to convert your car's power to AC current for the PC, plus the mods for the display.

All which can be done with a custom box and headrests can be bought with screens in them so can keep originals intact in case of reselling vehicle. Don't see where chopping and modding would be required.

I dont want anything too fancy and I figure the netbook is perfect as it has 1 gig of ram (Ive ran gameex on less) I also can take it out and modify it as I go. Im going to check my local ford dealership and see what they have to offer for screens for my car. I did however think of taking a slim line pc and building a box for it oh decisions.

I dont want anything too fancy and I figure the netbook is perfect as it has 1 gig of ram (Ive ran gameex on less) I also can take it out and modify it as I go. Im going to check my local ford dealership and see what they have to offer for screens for my car. I did however think of taking a slim line pc and building a box for it oh decisions.

What systems do you plan on running on this machine?

Primarily MAME I could run Gameboy, Atari, and NES but I think that anything past snes would take too much power.

I've had a PC in my car for quite some time now, even have SNES setup. I use an Acer Aspire Revo mounted in the trunk. Its small and powerful enough to handle anything you would need in a Car PC.

I'll admit it was a hell of a job putting it all together and setting it up but its fun to have and comes in handy.

The Front End I use is Centrafusehttp://forums.fluxmedia.net/

and all the info you would need to set something like that up can be found at MP3Car http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/

Enjoy ;)

All which can be done with a custom box and headrests can be bought with screens in them so can keep originals intact in case of reselling vehicle. Don't see where chopping and modding would be required.

Wasn't meant in the extreme sense of the meanings, as in "Pimp My Ride" type of chop & mod. But there may be some level, albeit minimal, of modding to hide wiring, power inverters, mounts, etc. I know that the industry has come a long way in offering solutions that hide much of the work.

Wasn't meant in the extreme sense of the meanings, as in "Pimp My Ride" type of chop & mod. But there may be some level, albeit minimal, of modding to hide wiring, power inverters, mounts, etc. I know that the industry has come a long way in offering solutions that hide much of the work.

Pimping my ride would be the way i would go. LOL. ;)

Pimping my ride would be the way i would go. LOL. ;)

Gets my vote lol :)