All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTN: TOM] Whats changed? Constant Crashing

Phantom

Hi,

I had my cab put away for almost a year. I turned it on a week ago and it ran fine. Then I decided to update GameEx to the latest version and.... now its all messed up yo?

When I try to load a game by going through the emulator lise, random game or Lastest Games it goes to Daphne games or favorites, or some other menu I dond't pick.... then if I hit HOME to go back it goes to my another game list, then I hit home again and it crashes....

I 'm using the Vista Like theme with custom Menu's.

I tried another theme but its still broken as well as turning off the Custom Menus.

I deleted everything with the word CACHE in the Data folder...

Has there been some major change in gameex that changes the way it accesses emulators???

Thanks for the help

Nelson

log.txt

I noticed a few errors in your log, the main one being a direct X problem, please make sure u have the latest drivers for your video card and upto date direct X as GameEx may have altered the way it handles gfx.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't know you guys had replied.

So I tried the new EXE you sent Tom and hopefully the log helps cause its still doing the same thing.

Is it normal for GameEx to now start in the Last Played Screen? Cause it seems to always want to go back to it no matter what I do. Then it crashes

I've also tried the lastest version Of GameEx and its the same.

I updated all drivers and DirectX is up to date too.

log.txt

Ok so I made some progress.

I backed up my GameEx folder then reinstalled and put back some of my custom files so things would work.

So now I have a working system but I see the problem.

My Menus are all on the top bar. Thats even if I use or don't use my Custom Menus.

I'm using the Vista Like theme, so on the Top Bar I see things like FAVORITE, LAST PLAYED, ALL GAMES, etc...

When I pick a menu on the top I then see the Submenus in the main window, like Game Systems and Media....

So how do I get back to normal?

Ok its working now and the settings are sticking so thanks for the help guys.

Just another quick question..

Its been so long since I messed with all these settings, but when I highlight some games, their Snap video or Pic shows up as the background. I've tried the change view button but it doesn't fix that. I would like to have the Themes BG set across the board for everything. I don't remember if this was always the case or something new, but could you point me in the right direction? Do I edit the Theme file, the GameEx Settings?

I've tried both those things but don't want to mess it all up.

Thanks again

Update: Its only the MAME games that are showing up as background pics, I think all other emulators are showing the proper theme backgrounds.

Edited by Phantom