All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APPLICATION] Abobo's Big Adventure (Offline GUI)

Adultery

OK, so I fixed some stuff. :)

• I added resolution to the options so you can specify how big you want the game to be.
  • Ditched the buttons and am just drawing buttons onto the form so it doesn't look wonky in bigger resolutions.
  • The buttons ill always be on top. Even if you specify the resolution of your screen in the options.
  • For programs that don't have a command line to kill them, you can now just write Kill in the "Exit Command" space to kill the process on closing. (No need to specify anything else, it kills in code now).
  • Did a few other code optimizations. :)

This should address your issues Han. Let me know how you get on. :D

Download the latest version from the first post, or EmuMovies. ;)

So if you can control the task via your exe, why would you need a Exit Command input from the user in the first place? Just have a check box that says something like "End Task on Exit?" and the user can chose to tick the box or not (thought I can't imagine why they wouldn't WANT to). Then whatever task they have to launch, your exe can monitor that and close that new task on exit.

Reset the resolution. It gave me a popup saying I need to restart the program (duh) but asked if I wanted it to restart. I said yes, but all it does is close. If you want it to restart, it's not working. If not, you should re-word the dialog.

Other than that, it works great! I need to figure out a good resolution though, cause at 1920x1080 I lose your artwork. But it works, and it closes the joy2key now like it should. Good enough for me!

I did it that way because for me I want to pass xpadder back to GameEx on exit. ;)

I can't relaunch the exe if I kill it. That msgbox is there to let you know it needs to close in case you didn't want to. I didnt want to overcomplicate this by making a module that solely relaunches the exe.

Its all about finding that sweet spot that looks good on your setup. You can also remake your artwork if you like. :)

In the end this project is pretty much good to go. I really appreciate your help testing. :)

Ok minor problem, but I think it's on my end. Guess the taskkill I'm using isn't working. I loaded up the game today, and played a while, came back a few hours later to play something else, but it still had my joy2key remaps. I need to figure out what my correct commandline should be.

Also, is Joy2Key able to remap a mouse button as well as keyboard? It'd be cool if I could remap the click required to start the game to my gamepad. :)

What taskkill are you using? All you should need to do is type "kill" and nothing else. It gets the p.name from the EXE line.

I think it's just a give or take issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I dunno, it might be only when I launch from GameEx. I can't replicate anymore, might have just been a one time fluke.

Anybody else using 1920x1080 resolution? What would be a good resolution to set this game at? :)

EDIT: I know why the taskkill isn't working in GameEx. It's because I'm using the GameEx global exit to leave the game instead of going down and clicking the exit key manually. Since I'm doing that, your exe isn't aware I'm exiting, thus doesn't know to send the taskkill command. I'm going to add it the taskkill command back into the Launch After setup. Also, I figured out how to send a mouse click with my gamepad using Joy2Key. I just need to have the mouse hovering over the center of the screen. Now if I can configure Joy2Key to control the mouse movements with my right analog stick, I'll be gold!

• 4 years later...

I still have this around somewhere, I'll fix the link. Does it still work is the question. Haven't played this in ages!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Unfortunately this project didn't make it into my git, I might have it archived somewhere though. I'll have to look around a bit.

• 1 year later...