All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

gamesdbase

frazman

Hi, I've been downloading some assets from the gamesdbase, but now when I go to the site it redirects me to b.aspx. This seems to be based on my ip address as it doesn't do this from another ip address. I downloaded about 500MB of assets today, is there a daily limit?

Thanks,

Fraz

Just out of curiosity, why would you be downloading assets from GamesDB? You can get most of that stuff free from EmuMovies, and they share the content. ;)

Sounds like you have beem banned for scraping or bulk downloading. You should use emumovies. Most web sites are not designed so people can just rip or download all the content and its generally not OK to do so. For example it normally breaks the terms of use and does in this case. However EmuMovies is designed for this.

Hi Tom,

Yeah I had actually written a little program to match my roms, and pull down the content from the site. I wasn't going to publish it on the web or anything but only for personal use. I didn't realise it was against the sites terms and conditions, for which I apoligise. I thought emumovies only contained videos, and the gamesdbase just seemed more complete and contain more assets.

It would be really cool if you offered some kind of premium subscription to the site which would allow me to use my program. If you want I can send you the full source if your interested in having a look at it.

Again am sorry if this has caused issues, I'm just having a very hard time trying to sync my roms and assets together, and thought this was the best way about it.

Thanks for the reply.

PS - would you be able to unban me from the site? (I won't use the program to scrape the site).

Cheers,

Fraser

Again, all the stuff on GamesDB is the stuff on EmuMovies (they're partnered). You can use the downloader in GameEx to do exactly what you're doing and get exactly the same artwork. ;)