All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APPLICATION] Last.FM Data Machine

Adultery

Last.FM Data Machine v1.1.2

post-680-0-18133600-1330808096_thumb.png post-680-0-93346400-1330808141_thumb.png post-680-0-91600900-1330808155_thumb.png

post-680-0-58138500-1330808172_thumb.png post-680-0-45327900-1330808187_thumb.png post-680-0-58455900-1330808201_thumb.png

============================

Last.FM Data Machine by Adultery

============================

-----------

:ABOUT:

-----------

Search stuff, find stuff, learn stuff, get some images, get some data. :)

----------------

:FEATURES:

----------------

• +Search for information using the artist as a base. As long as you know the artist, you can search for either track or album.
  • Get data for a massive amount of music using either the track name or the album name.
    If you don't know the album, the app will take a shot at it for you (or at least find an album it's on).
  • Download album art and artist images for tagging your mp3 collection.
    • Click the "save" button and it saves both images album art and artist, as well as a text file with the album bio.
    • Album art is 300x300, and artist image varies in size.

[*]Get MusicBrainz ID numbers for the album you're viewing.

• If you use MusicBrainz Picard, I don't have to tell you how useful this feature is. ;)
    • Simply click the ID number and your query will open up the MusicBrainz page.

[*]Links to the Last.FM pages for the album and the track.

v1.1.2

• Added new features to the Shout.Box!
  • SHOUT.BOX: Added Billboard Hot 100, Digital and Radio Top 40
  • SHOUT.BOX: Added Rolling Stone and Yahoo! News Feeds
  • SHOUT.BOX: Clicking on Shout.Box in News Mode pulls up a window with an image and a link to the full story
  • DATA MACHINE: Fixed some XML parsing bugs
  • DATA MACHINE: Small visual tweaks

v1.1.0 & v1.1.1

• New menu strip brings new features!
  • Added new features for album, track, and artist
  • Added a new "Quick Search" feature. Search Last.FM using any keywords you like!
  • Added enable and disable for update check
  • Fixed manual updating bug
  • Replaced XML parsing module with a much more efficient one
  • Still more work on Last.FM account integration
  • Added new Last.FM "Shout Ticker" to the search window
  • Clicking album art or artist art now displays a pop-out window with full-sized artwork
  • Added Last.FM Auto-Correct integration (Enabled by default)
  • Probably more stuff I totally spaced to mention

v1.0.3 & v1.0.4

• Added new auto-updater to the program with a flashy new GUI, which will be standard/integrated across all my apps.
  • Did some internal work for authentication (LastFM User Features: Available soon!)
  • Code fixes, bug squashing, minor optimizations, etc.

v1.0.2

• New program updating feature.
    • Now uses the DracLabs App Updater program to look for and download updates.
    • Users can manually bypass the update if a newer version is found.
    • This feature will soon be enabled and disabled by the user under the "Settings" menu.

[*]More code enhancements and optimizations.

[*]Added more XML parsing for future updates.

v1.0.1

• Added a bunch of new Last.FM data including number of listeners, links to the track and the album on Last.FM, most popular tags, and other mp3 data.
  • Added MusicBrainz lookup functionality. When used together with MusicBrainz Picard, you should have no problems tagging your mp3s!
  • New splash screen and application design.
  • The save button also saves a text file with the album bio for easier mp3 tagging.
  • New logging system added (this was really to test some new tricks Headkaze taught me and a complete rewrite of my logger class, but it's still good to log stuff!)
  • Added a status label to the bottom so you know what's going on and when No real functionality but thought it looked cool. :)
  • Minor tweaking to the code and a few optimizations so your searches are more accurate, and the app is a little smoother.

v1.0.0

• Initial Release.

Working on session authentication now, so you can hook your account into the Data Machine (if you have one that is). There's some cool stuff you can do if you have a Last.FM account for sure. :)

Download the latest version here:

draclabs.hfc-essentials.net - zip file - rar file

• Like 3

Well I was hoping people would test my queries for me ;)

It's not as useful as it could be. Just an experiment really, and maybe usable for AHK scriptors.

I may also add command-line arguments if it helps...

Yeah I am.. LOL! Seriously it is a pretty cool app. One thing I would like to see is an option that shows multiple album covers if a track is on more than one to give the end user the choice.For example, pick any popular song by Pink Floyd. Some will show up under the original cover art, while others on "Best of.." and other similar compilations. I prefer the original cover and being able to select from that as opposed to the rest. Some artists songs are released under their own album but may show up as part of a TV/Movie soundtrack album. Having the ability to select which one you want for your collection would be a great function addition if at all possible (for the standalone .exe and within iMagic).

That's how I programmed it actually. Let me explain...

I have a few compilation CD's on the cab. I thought it would be cool if I could do a track lookup and pull a greatest hits CD to show instead of the artist picture (which is how the system currently works). Here's an example:

Peter Frampton - Feel Like We Do was on a compilation. So, iMagic found this instead and downloaded it, then named it to match the compilation so GameEx will display the new cover instead of the artist:

FileName: Peter Frampton_Ultimate 70's - 1977.png

There's ways to dig deeper into the XML, it just didn't fit the purpose I was working with right then. :)

That doesn't mean it can't be done, mind you... (in most cases my mp3s are tagged properly with the correct album). I can probably do something though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A sneak peek at the new design, self-contained web links, and one of the Extras (this one is the album's track list):

post-680-0-06145200-1336357473_thumb.png post-680-0-06634600-1336357499_thumb.png

Coming soon!

I have way to much time on my hands I guess!

I added a scrolling Shout Box to the main search window with several options. On load it shows the top 50 songs on Last.FM and there's several options for data in this box to choose from, including artist/track/album shouts and trending artists/tracks.

post-680-0-34213600-1336781847_thumb.png

I was also playing with 2D arrays and tweaked the album track list page. If you select a track on the album, a list pops up with a bunch of tracks and a match percentage for each one:

post-680-0-98357600-1336781312_thumb.png

I also added top tracks and top albums to the artist page:

post-680-0-66777900-1336781466_thumb.png

There's also a new Auto-Correct option for your queries so you don't have to be so perfect when you look for stuff. ;)

There's so much going on I probably forgot some things, but that's already a lot in my opinion. :)

for some reason i couldnt respond before ?... just wanna say how usefull this is, its going to save me so much time +1 from me. :)

Well you ought to wait until I put out 1.1.0. It's soooooo much more accurate. :)

I added a new button for looking up the similar stuff in the main search window, and I also added a new module for fonts as resource files (this one took me a while to figure out, but I'm quite proud of it).

Hopefully I'll have a stable release by the weekend's end. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Really bog update including all the features I've been working on so far (with some others I may have forgotten). Grab the new version from the first post. :)

1.1.1 is available for download via the update feature. but it was a minor release (a couple silly bug fixes).

Here's a sneak peek at 1.1.2:

I added new features to the Shout.Box:

post-680-0-50142600-1339033941_thumb.png

As you can see, you can now select Rolling Stone Music News and Yahoo! Music to show in the Shout.Box, as well as Billboard's Hot 100, Digital 40, and Radio 40:

post-680-0-97955400-1339034085_thumb.png

Clicking on the Shout.Box while on a news feed opens a window with the story, a drop box with all available headlines, an image of the story, and a button to go to the story in my self contained browser window (I added FavIcons for each site for the browser window and even did a RegEx pattern search pull out the img src).

post-680-0-87884000-1339034272_thumb.png

I realize that these features aren't really needed for what this does, but I needed to do some script for RSS anyway (for another project) and this adds a little extra something IMHO.

I'm gonna move on to a scrobbling music player, but I'll put out 1.1.2 first. ;)

So... what do ya think? Am I lacking a feature you'd like to see? LMK!