All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NES video snaps

emugamer

I recently downloaded snapshots for NES games from a link on this GamEx forum (sorry, but I can't remember which post I downloaded from). They were all title shots, which is fine, since I want to have all video for my snapshots. Which brings me to my next question....

Anyone have video snapshots for NES or any other console? I began the tedious task of making my own last night. Using Camtasia, I already created video snapshots of all my "A" NES games. They are between 10 and 13 seconds long and on average 4MB. That is the smallest size I could get without compromising video quality too much - no point in having video snapshots if they look crappy.

But the process is tedious. I want to get actual game footage, so I have to load each rom and go through the start menus and then record the 320x244 area and then edit the file to only show the best 10 seconds and then make sure I save it as the name of the rom, etc.....

Anyway, I couldn't find any torrents anywhere for this, so I figured I would just keep plugging away. The ones I have made so far are a nice addition to my GamEx. Going to start on the "B's" tonight. If anyone has an interest in this or knows a faster and easier way, please let me know (this may take a long time since I want to do SegaCD, Dreamcast, SNES and N64 also). Thanks!

I recently downloaded snapshots for NES games from a link on this GamEx forum (sorry, but I can't remember which post I downloaded from).  They were all title shots, which is fine, since I want to have all video for my snapshots.  Which brings me to my next question....

Anyone have video snapshots for NES or any other console?  I began the tedious task of making my own last night.  Using Camtasia, I already created video snapshots of all my "A" NES games.  They are between 10 and 13 seconds long and on average 4MB.  That is the smallest size I could get without compromising video quality too much - no point in having video snapshots if they look crappy. 

But the process is tedious.  I want to get actual game footage, so I have to load each rom and go through the start menus and then record the 320x244 area and then edit the file to only show the best 10 seconds and then make sure I save it as the name of the rom, etc.....

Anyway, I couldn't find any torrents anywhere for this, so I figured I would just keep plugging away.  The ones I have made so far are a nice addition to my GamEx.  Going to start on the "B's" tonight.  If anyone has an interest in this or knows a faster and easier way, please let me know (this may take a long time since I want to do SegaCD, Dreamcast, SNES and N64 also).  Thanks!

emumovies.com has the NES videos. Unfortunately, nobody is seeding the NES movies at this moment. I got halfway done before the seed died.

Request a reseed on the Emumovies site. Circo the person runninng the show there will help you . I would but this is one set dont have.

Also I may be wrong but the NES versions were in a different format to all the other hosted videos. (NES were just intros, all the others are intros followed by title screens) So this might be why they are not being seeded anymore. They may be being remastered.

J.

Request a reseed on the Emumovies site. Circo the person runninng the show there will help you . I would but this is one set dont have.

Also I may be wrong but the NES versions were in a different format to all the other hosted videos. (NES were just intros, all the others are intros followed by title screens) So this might be why they are not being seeded anymore. They may be being remastered.

J.

Thanks jedah. I sent Circo an email.

Anyone have any other console movies? emumovies is directing me to dead torrents.

They might show up as dead torrents because at the moment he is using

As a host for his torrents. I recommend registering with these. Once you have done so type Emumovies in the search bar and at the time I wrote this all of them were being seeded. This also happens to be the best torrent site I have found. But make sure you share otherwise you will be banned.

J.

As a host for his torrents. I recommend registering with these. Once you have done so type Emumovies in the search bar and at the time I wrote this all of them were being seeded. This also happens to be the best torrent site I have found. But make sure you share otherwise you will be banned.

J.

Will do. Thanks for the tips!

*******quote]

I just started DL'ing some things from there yesterday... Great speeds but noone to leach off of me yet... hopefully as long as they see you able to seed they won't S$%#*list you ;)

Also FYI where he is hosting his SNES and N64 (http://******/) they will not let you register with a 'free' email account.

To stop you getting banned. Do you have a full mame rom set. If so run it through clrmame Making sure it is perfect. Then download Torrentzip. Drag and drop your mame Roms folder into it and wait. It takes at least 2 hours.

Then once complete download their hosted Torrent for Mame (Currently v.103) and share that. There are always peple that want Mame Roms Sets. This is a way of keeping control of your ratio, until you download something that is more frequently leeched by others.

Also with Emuconnie you need a proper E-mail Acount the same as what you would of needed to register with PleasureDome. So use that one and that should sort out that problem.

J.

Thanks for the good ideas jedah! :D I am currently dl'ing mame v.103 (found the torrent on a free search site) and am about half way through (~6gb) with a 1:1 share ratio so far not that it matters (I always seed at least x2 unless there are few seeds, then I seed higher). I guess once I finish my mame I'll follow your advice (I have an OLD set a few years old ans decided I wanted the whole new hotness instead of using the patches from version to version).

I actually used a gmail account for pleasuredome... going to have to set up an email acount through my forums to use emuconnie.

Thanks for the good ideas jedah!  :D  I am currently dl'ing mame v.103 (found the torrent on a free search site) and am about half way through (~6gb) with a 1:1 share ratio so far not that it matters (I always seed at least x2 unless there are few seeds, then I seed higher). I guess once I finish my mame I'll follow your advice (I have an OLD set a few years old ans decided I wanted the whole new hotness instead of using the patches from version to version).

I actually used a gmail account for pleasuredome... going to have to set up an email acount through my forums to use emuconnie.

I still can't find any nes, snes and n64 avi previews. A friend of mine is registered with Pleasuredome and tried yesterday to find them. They had sega 32x and master system. Their genesis did not work past 17%. I didn't hear back from Circo either. It takes me about 2 minutes to make each avi myself, and I've done a couple the standard way (some game play and then the title screen). Bt making them for a couple thousand roms seems like such a daunting task. I hope I can find the torrents elsewhere.

Thanks for your responses - will check again if anyone has other suggestions!

eg

I still can't find any nes, snes and n64 avi previews.  A friend of mine is registered with Pleasuredome and tried yesterday to find them.  They had sega 32x and master system.  Their genesis did not work past 17%.  I didn't hear back from Circo either.  It takes me about 2 minutes to make each avi myself, and I've done a couple the standard way (some game play and then the title screen).  Bt making them for a couple thousand roms seems like such a daunting task.  I hope I can find the torrents elsewhere.

I emailed Circo about the NES, SNES, and N64 (the SNES and N64 were only previously hosted at EmuConnie). If I get a response I'll let you know. As for the Sega Genesis I dl'ed it just fine from Pleasuredome and am currently seeding it, (leave my computer/torrents on at home and all night except for when I am playing BF2 or on the phone, vonage). Would love to get some upload #'s ;) so have him try again!

I emailed Circo about the NES, SNES, and N64 (the SNES and N64 were only previously hosted at EmuConnie). If I get a response I'll let you know. As for the Sega Genesis I dl'ed it just fine from Pleasuredome and am currently seeding it, (leave my computer/torrents on at home and all night except for when I am playing BF2 or on the phone, vonage). Would love to get some upload #'s ;) so have him try again!

Thanks a lot! Hope to hear good news. I'll get on tomorrow morning at my friends house and try the genesis torrent. My pc is devoted to some dl's right now and I have the rest of my bandwidth devoted to seeding mame.103. I've been seeding it for almost a week now and will probably leave it on for another week, unless I get a request to leave it on longer or I see that nobody has a full set. This morning only 3 people were downloading from me before I left for work and I was the only one with the full set.

eg

• 2 weeks later...
where are they being seeded? i still can't find them anywhere. oh and by the way it turns out that pleasuredome doesn't allow torrents that have anything to do with nintendo for some odd reason (cease and desist?)

go to emumovies.com he has links to where they are hosted. I believe the NES stuff is on emuconnie.com

go to emumovies.com he has links to where they are hosted. I believe the NES stuff is on emuconnie.com

Hey,

Sorry I haven't responded in a while. I am still seeding the NES movies. The torrent is at emuparadise.org. My UL sucks tonight because I am trying to build up my ratio for a few other torrents, but later on tonight it should be better.

Just went to emumovies and Circo released SNES. It's also located at emuparadise.org. I just started the dl.

N64..... :D

(By the way....emuconnie tracker has been out of commission for a while now) :(

• 1 year later...
Hey,

Sorry I haven't responded in a while. I am still seeding the NES movies. The torrent is at emuparadise.org. My UL sucks tonight because I am trying to build up my ratio for a few other torrents, but later on tonight it should be better.

Just went to emumovies and Circo released SNES. It's also located at emuparadise.org. I just started the dl.

N64..... :D

(By the way....emuconnie tracker has been out of commission for a while now) :(

Chances of me getting a reply from here this late is slim.... however its worth a try! I'm after the NES and N64 videos as listed. I'm currently downloading the SNES collection incredibly slowly from emuparadise, there are only two seeders at the moment.

I still can't find the NES ones though :(

I wouldn't recommend downloading the NES ones since they're just videos of the games intro. No actual gameplay. I wish emugamer would've continued doing his videos.

I sent a crapload of nes avi's to Circo. Shortly, we should have a way of accessing them.