All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

snaps + gamabase extras + misc questions

frazman

Hello,

Firstly I'm pretty new to gameex, and have been playing about with the software for the last week or so (pretty much non stop!) - and its amazing, although I have a few questions I was wondering if the community could answer? I've tried searching the forums, docs etc but can't seem to find the answers:

• I've setup gamabase to work with gameex and on the whole this works amazing, but I was wondering if there was a way to cycle through the snaps in gameex as many games have more than 1 screenshot?
  • On the subject of gamebase, is it possible to view extras via gameex, the only extra I see is the maps, but what about sound files, manuals, covers, etc?
  • I'm not really interested in the multimedia aspect of gameex as I have media center setup for this, and was wondering if it was possible for gameex to start and go straight into the emulated games menu?
  • Slightly off topic from gameex, but thought I would chance my luck, I've got winuae setup with amigabase and everything is working, but I can only seem to get 1 firebutton working on my xbox 360 controlller, I was wondering if anyone had any experience setting winuae with an xbox 360 pad? I know that there are solutions such as setting up the controller to fire key presses etc, but was wondering if anyone had any better solutions?

Sorry for all the questions, and I'd just like to thank Tom and his team for all the hardwork they have put into gameex and I'll defo be donating next week once I get paid :-)

Cheers,

Fraser

1) Sorry, no at the moment

2) You should be able to see extras, at least sound files and images (maps, covers, etc). Which GB system are you emulating?

3) Maybe using custom menus... but I'm not savvy at all whit that...

4) Sorry, I have no idea... I don't use a xbox controller.

For #4: Xpadder would be a good place to start although I don't use that emulator. I assume however that it works with a keyboard?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies...

Yeah I've actually just noticed that I can see all extras from gamebase once I actually go into the game...

Yeah I figure I would have to go down the custom menu road, but am not sure where to start - could anyone point me in the direction of any docs or guides?

Yeah I've seen a few people mention xpadder on some other forums, and I think I may have to go down this road, am just a little worried as I can only map a limited amount of keys, still some games may not work, but I think I remember that the zx keys were common for fire 1 and 2...we shall see though..

Thanks agains for the comments.

Cheers,

Fraser