All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Animated Themes Change Unexpectedly

CraftyInstigator

Hi All,

I am having an issue that is a bit strange. At first I was switching themes that came with GameEx to see what they look like, but when I returned to the Default Animated theme I found a new strange behavior. When I load GameEx everything appears normal; however, if I go to MAME, the theme changes to another theme that has a black background and background videos. When I return to the home screen from any other screen this new theme persists; however, if I go into any emulator that is not MAME, I get the expected Default Animated theme. This behavior does not just effect the Default Animated theme. Any theme I select that has Emulator preview videos results in the exact same behavior. Aside from this visual problem everything else seems to work just fine. I am new to GameEx, and I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you for your reply. I tried the GameEx.exe attached and it does not resolve the problem. It seems that although our problems seem to be similar, they are not the same. The animated themes I use just play the video in a window and has a blue background. The impostor theme has a black background that plays a video in the background when hovering on favorites or when hovering over an emulator it shows system logo in the background with a video in a window.

According to your ini GameEx should be showing the snap/logo in the background for start page lists. It just looks like its not correctly switching to that view when you first start GameEx. Ive fixed that issue in the attached and for the next release. Note: To change out of that view select "Change View" from the horizontal menu.

GameEx.zip