All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

WinUAE Commandline

SKIDLID

Happy new year to all.

I woud like to set up WinUAE to use some NOINTRO roms I HAVE set up WINUAE Loader to use my WHD set so im ok there.

But i cant for the life of me find a command line to run WinUAE with out a loader.

After searching the internet i have only found 2 switches -f -0 and i cant start WinUAE with these.

Any help?

That's because you really don't need a loader to run WinUAE games. You can setup GameEX to run the *.uae files in your (WinUAE) config folder via the command line in GameEx:

Path = path to your WinUAE config folder

Rom Filter = *.uae

Command Line = ""[ROMPath]\[RomFile]""

That way you won't need any command lines since you set them up to run whatever way you wanted within WinUAE already.

Thanks for the help but in the end i got the -f -0 switches to work.

That's because you really don't need a loader to run WinUAE games. You can setup GameEX to run the *.uae files in your (WinUAE) config folder via the command line in GameEx:

Path = path to your WinUAE config folder

Rom Filter = *.uae

Command Line = ""[ROMPath]\[RomFile]""

That way you won't need any command lines since you set them up to run whatever way you wanted within WinUAE already.

This worked well, only draw back is the need to set up all the games individually along with each games machine settings. But this did work so may be a long term project.

Since you are wanting to run WinUAE outside of Headkaze's WinUAE Loader, have you checked this thread?

Yes found this thread an used it to set up CD32 it work very well.

in the end i just used this for the command line "Winuae.exe -f A1200.UAE -0 "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"" This way i only had to set up 1 machine the "A1200.UAE" obviously i still have to change discs with multi disc games.

So after a fews days messing around WinUAE iv learnt the community here know what there talking about and if they can be bothered to write a loader "WinUAE Loader" then i should just bloody well use it.

There are several reasons to use WinUAE Loader but even if you don't use the loader to launch a game it has a built in UAE config creator. What it does is use keywords in the ROM name to use different configs and it also detects multi-disk games and will attempt to mount the disks into DF0:, DF1: etc. so you don't have to swap disks. You may still require some games to be configured manually though.

It's designed to work with the TOSEC collection which is the most complete Amiga collection.

post-367-0-82654700-1325559070_thumb.png