All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[CURIOUS] Has anyone managed to compile .144u2...

DazzleHP

... with the latest hiscore.diff??

So i put around 12hrs aside today to compile the latest mame (yes i've done it before lol) with the hiscore.diff and i'm on attempt number 8 now - still no luck :( infact i started doubting myself so even popped on over to Mr. Do's and i'm doing it all right, i think, like i said i've compiled mame before but i just can't get it to work! :huh:

To prove (to myself) that i'm not having my weekly neuro spasm i compiled without hi_144.txt and it worked 1st time! Started again from fresh, i always do, patched the hi_144.txt back in and bucketload of errors again. Ugh.

So i'm wondering has anyone here managed to do it? I know a few y'all here like the no nags too so if you could reasure me that i AM an idiot and it's all my fault then i'll keep trying ^^ otherwise i'mma go paint some walls with skull matter :P

Oh, this perhaps may help you pinpoint my stupidity:

FILES:

mingw-mame-w32-20110519.exe

mame0144s.zip

0144u1.diff

0144u2.diff

hi_144.txt

PROCEDURE:

patchmame 0144u1

patchmame 0144u2

patchmame hi_144 (after renaming to diff ofcourse, i've also tried it without the rename using patch -p0 -E <hi_144.txt)

makemame

Does that all look ok?

I know this ain't a mame forum but i like to lurk and here some of you are atleast aware of my existence hehe

EDIT: WOAH ok i swear i put this in the social club forum! maybe now i'm having my brain twitch! sorry guys

Edited by DazzleHP