All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> Retro Arcade HD RELEASED!!! <<<

Krakerman

Ok guys I've moved my status updates to a new topic title as it will be much easier to find the latest and greatest updates on the theme. So with that I am releasing some of my latest work on MAME (which includes marquees that will update for each of your games).

Yes looks very nice indeed, will have to have a play about with these me thinks :)

I can tell already this one is going to be a beast! That's OK.. once I return from my hiatus from theming and scheming and with some of the upcoming view enhancements, I hope to add a few more beasties of my own!

Not me... I'm working on something else. Top secret like. ;) I may change my stance for the new GUI though...

Coming along nicely Krak! Enter that beastie in the comp!

I might have too but that was never my goal for this project. I was seeing if I could actually make a theme and then see how close I could get it to mimicking the likes of Hyperspin. This theme draws it's inspiration from that if you couldn't tell already. I tried to kick it up a notch a bit as there are so many systems that are being emulated and GameEx is really easy to configure and setup compared to the other frontends if you ask me. So hopefully in the end and look back I can say it was a success. Mission Accomplished!:D

Looks like I might have to stop posting pics as I might give away too much but I hopefully it will inspire other great theme designers to come up with even more killer themes and in the end all our systems will look bitchin!

Everyone wins!!!

What would be even cooler is actually seeing a youtube video that someone made with my theme running on there HTPC or arcade cabinet. That is better satisfaction then winning a contest in my books, but I wouldn't mind winning either.;)

Looking forward to seeing what both you (Adultery) and Draco come up with next for sure.

Me too! Lol!

I just make my own YouTube videos. To hell with waiting! FRAPS = worth it!

I'm actually working on two things. One is graphic and the other is in code. No telling which will surface first. :)

• 4 weeks later...

[12-30-11]UPDATE:

This theme has been going under many revisions and alot of graphic changes during my holiday vacation. So far I am very happy with the improvements I have made which I'm sure all of you fellow GameEx'erz will enjoy. :D

All the snaps that I posted previously have changed dramatically some of which or should I say most of them you wouldn't even recognize anymore. Sorry that I didn't get this theme ready by X-mas, but with so many systems to skin it is taking me much longer than I previously thought it would take.

So I'm looking forward to hopefully getting this done by March 2012. That is my set timeline I'm giving myself so lets see how it goes as it is not etched in stone or anything. If I get done sooner then I will release it.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and soon to be New Year!!

Just the tip of the iceberg my friends. So hopefully this will get you all excited for this juggernaut of a theme. Now you can see why I wanted to have each individual MAME games be skinned. If each emulator can look this good then imagine what each MAME game can look like. :D

I'm having a blast making this and sure don't want it to end as I want to make individual MAME game skins as well. Maybe soon as Tom looks like he's adding many cool features.

I definitely like the later attempts better. Outlines are cleaner, more contrast between colors to make things pop. You are on a good path, my friend! If you keep this up, you are going to have to release your theme in multiple parts or packs just so the whole thing can be downloaded!

Thanks guys ... I like this revision alot better and it looks amazing on the HDTV. It took me awhile to finally get to this point. I was almost finished with the theme when I just wasn't happy with it so I started all over ... several times a matter of fact. :P