All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Favorites menus and random games menu

Herisson

Is there a way to set up a separate favorites menu for each type of emulator

Not just a favouites menu with all games ?

Same with random games option is it possible to have random games sellection for each type of emulator ?

Eg Mame favorites list , nintendo favorites list , pinball favorites list ...etc

Eg Random Mame game, random nintendo game , random pinball game

Tom is pretty good about implementing requests that are within reason and are doable. We have to keep in mind that, like us, he is a hobbyist and this frontend software was a result of this hobby for him. Some features are fairly easy to implement for him, while others are more complicated and take time. Only he can tell us how such a feature would fall within the scheme of things that are GameEx. If you puruse the NEWS articles you will see that development of the software is frequent and not just with bug fixes.

Tom is pretty good about implementing requests that are within reason and are doable. We have to keep in mind that, like us, he is a hobbyist and this frontend software was a result of this hobby for him. Some features are fairly easy to implement for him, while others are more complicated and take time. Only he can tell us how such a feature would fall within the scheme of things that are GameEx. If you puruse the NEWS articles you will see that development of the software is frequent and not just with bug fixes.

So Draco do you supose that this request that that I have made is "reasonable?" or doable?

Since I am not Tom, I cannot say within the context of GameEx. I know that there have been many that like this idea since it was initially requested. IF it is doable, then I think it would make for a nice addition to the program functionality.

The only work around that is available is to have multiple users for GameEx. There's an app that HK put together that allows a user to switch to a different user through the GameEx interface nicely. I haven't used it, but I recall that when it was released, several people commented on how well it worked. You might want to check that out in the mean time while waiting for the full feature you've described. No, it doesn't do exactly what you want, but it does allow for multiple favorites lists in a different way.