All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Two pages side by side?

AlphaUMi

Hello everyone!

I already wrote a request in the right thread, just thought I could open a new thread for comments and discussion.

Here is my request from the other thread:

Enhancement request for PDF viewing:

Hallo Tom!

I know, we just had the great "fit page to screen" feature, and did you notice how many good comments it has received?

Maybe I'm an hassle, but in the end this is only a request.

What about to further improve the PDF viewing mode, adding a fantastic "two page at a glance" feature? I mean viewing two whole pages side by side, fitting the screen, without scrolling.

I have scans of many old videogame magazines, but this mode would be perfect for comics or manuals, too. Magazines, comic books and manuals often are supposed to be read with the book "open", i.e. viewing both the pages in front of you. Mainly this is the case when an imagine stands half in the left page and half in the right page, or when an article has a particular pagination.

I think this could be the perfect and final completion for the PDF feature in GameEx. :)

Hope this is technically doable.

Cheers,

Alpha.

What do you think about this?

Hello everyone!

I already wrote a request in the right thread, just thought I could open a new thread for comments and discussion.

Here is my request from the other thread:

What do you think about this?

Hi, for me this was fixed with the last update. When I press enter while viewing a manual, I get two pages side by side.

Have you got the latest update?

Regards,

Arjen

LOL! :P

I mean page 1 and page 2 together, both fitted in the screen and side by side, page 3 and 4 together, in the same way....

Excuse me, sometimes English isn't the ideal cup of tea for non native speakers... (Uh? Maybe more often than "sometimes"! :lol::lol:)

That's when an image comes and tells us more than 1000 words...

LOL! :P

I mean page 1 and page 2 together, both fitted in the screen and side by side, page 3 and 4 together, in the same way....

Excuse me, sometimes English isn't the ideal cup of tea for non native speakers... (Uh? Maybe more often than "sometimes"! :lol::lol:)

That's when an image comes and tells us more than 1000 words...

Oh no I understood you 100%.Your english is probably much better then my Italian!I was just trying to be funny.and it worked.on you and adultery!

Adobe reader supports side-by-side page views - one is two page which snaps the next two pages into view when you page down, and the other scrolls from the first two to the next two. I think the snap to the next two would be preferable and would look very good in a widescreen setting. Again, being able to toggle through the various view would be a must (same as the change view menu option) and the system remembering the setting chosen by updating the gameex.ini file.

Adobe reader supports side-by-side page views - one is two page which snaps the next two pages into view when you page down, and the other scrolls from the first two to the next two. I think the snap to the next two would be preferable and would look very good in a widescreen setting. Again, being able to toggle through the various view would be a must (same as the change view menu option) and the system remembering the setting chosen by updating the gameex.ini file.

Wise words, Draco, wise words!

GameEx offers any kind of views for emulators, multimedia and such. I think it would be mature for offering multiple reading choices as well.