All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Request for Beta Testers for GameEx TV Support

Tom Speirs

OK, I am pretty much ready to start working on TV Support in GameEx, and when I say TV I'm talking about PVR/DVR, as I know many of you already run GameEx on your TV!

If you are interested and want to be and early adopter of GameEx TV, or just generally want to help the project out, and would consider yourself technically minded enough to Beta test software and can dedicate a little time - then please drop me an email.

This offer and opportunity is only available to registered GameEx users, and its likely TV support will be a free upgrade for anyone registered now unless it ends up blowing away the competition, and Beta testers! You also must be able to test/run the software on a Windows XP (not MCE) which must have SP2 (or later), and obviously a tuner card. The tuner card must be compatible and work on MCE, but you don't need MCE.

My email address is on this page:

http://tomspeirs.com

Many thanks in advance.

Tom Speirs

Mr GameEx

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Will there be tuning support for Freeview? Not sure if this is in the states but over here in UK we have a digital TV service that's broadcasted via the same analogue arials system all over the country (at least most of it). If I got a tuner card that supported Freeview would there be a chance it would work. I'm whiling to buy a card and beta test for you.

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

Will there be tuning support for Freeview? Not sure if this is in the states but over here in UK we have a digital TV service that's broadcasted via the same analogue arials system all over the country (at least most of it). If I got a tuner card that supported Freeview would there be a chance it would work. I'm whiling to buy a card and beta test for you.

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

I'm in the UK, and I know they have it in the states, but I think its mostly crappy due to the huge size of the country. IE they only get a few local channels in a lot of cases.

Yes, I do plan on adding support for Digital Terrestrial (eg Freeview in UK), but not to start with.

If the TV card is compatible with Windows Media Center, then it should work.

In general in order for a card to work, it either needs to have a hardware MPEG2 encoder such as PVR 150,250,350,500, or receive a signal trasnmitted in MPEG2 ie freeview/digital terrestrial. Digital cards also need to have BDA drivers. I used a Blackgold in MCE before I used SKY and an analog card.

Initially Ill be focusing on analogue cards, don't buy one just yet, but Ill be keeping everyone posted as usual.

Cheers.

Looks like I've got a fair bit of interest. Thanks guys. I could still do with many more people though.

Remember please email me if you wan to be a beta teter, and not or as well as post here. Main reason for emailing is that when the time is write I can email you back!

Please include GameEx in the subject of the email, just to make life easier for me B)

Im assuming that I am one of the ones without the hardware huh?Man NO ONE wants to hook up any of us AIW owners :D :D

Yes, but I'd love to be able to hook you up if I could, but it would take a highly different and hugely more complex and time consuming way of implementing TV in GameEx.

Have you checked out MediaPortal?

HI! Tom I can test it on my pc I have a dual boot PC which I can boot in either Media Center 2005 or Windows XP Pro. I have an haupage pvr 250/350mce tv tuner card, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 megs video card, 2.59 ghz P4 Processor with 1 gig of ram. I also Have SP2 installed with all the latest Ms updates.

I hope to here from you soon!!

Cheers

Protecteur :P

• 3 weeks later...