All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Hey how did you set up that bio? I didnt know we could do that?!?!

I did not set anything, if you use pre-configured entries in the "emulator setup" for each console you add you will have a biography for each console.

I was wondering how to edit this synopsis because I did not find any file referencing it, as there is with the synopsis of the games (folder date)

gameexconfigemu.jpg

Feature Request: Could you link the CustomMenu.ini to a theme? When I'm running my custom theme, it makes sense for the custom menu to go with it... but when I want to use someone elses theme, I really want to use the normal menus. Also, I have an 'odd' setup in my CustomMenu that doesn't use MAME, so when Tom adds cool features for MAME, such as the 3D cabinets or the List View icons, I can't see them without leaving GameEx and disabling custom menus...

I think it would be very cool to allow for every Theme to have it's own CustomMenu.ini...

Feature Request: This might be kind of a stretch... but can you add another Movie/.X/Image for each background to the themes? I love the Movie for a background concept, but it brings my machine to it's knees, so I was thinking about having an image background, but having a smaller configurable location/size to have a movie playing? It would be even better if the movie size and location could be different for each background.

Could you possibly split the Snap/Video path into 2 separate entries?

The default would be to search the Video folder first then if you don't find a video check the snap folder for a screenshot instead

This would allow better use of the "Download Service Utility" as I've started to change all my emulators to use it's default folders which are separate snap and video folders and I think this is a much neater setup than having to dump them all in together

Stu

I installed the MAME to finish my theme to see what would have to change for him and was impressed with the mountain of resources that have GameEx for mame, but not has for the other emulators, I do not use the mame installed directly on the GameEx but as a custom emulator.

I want ask support please :

Support for recommended games and games in series (same as it has in mame)

gameexmamerecursos.jpg

please could add in a next version support in (custom art) to multiple images in jpg and png files inside (. zip) and when you press (enter) at selected art go fullscream viewing the images it has in the zip, it would be cool, to custom art of (artbook) (flyers with more than 2 pages), etc. ...

And the miniature of her taking the first image in the (. zip), this could also be used for. pdf that does not own miniatures, taking the first image inside. pdf (similar to what happens in windows explorer)

Bumping from a previous request - Allow for the creation of "play lists" not unlike what can be done within iTunes, WinAmp, or WMP. This would allow for users to create multiple lists of games across emulators so that they can group genres (example, all Mario games, Sonic games, mix & match for a child, etc.). This would be an additional layer beyond using Favorites and allow for even further flexibility and enjoyment of GameEx.

Bumping from a previous request - Allow for the creation of "play lists" not unlike what can be done within iTunes, WinAmp, or WMP. This would allow for users to create multiple lists of games across emulators so that they can group genres (example, all Mario games, Sonic games, mix & match for a child, etc.). This would be an additional layer beyond using Favorites and allow for even further flexibility and enjoyment of GameEx.

This is a excellent idea,and i second it!

Oh and Tom,Im loving all the recent updates to Gameex,but we REALLY,REALLY,REALLY need to have the pop up descriptions available for all versions of themes.I really like the media center v.1 theme,but i want to remove a few things from the screen,mostly the 2nd image that displays under the video\snap of the game,and select line 1 & 2,and list number on the bottom that way the pop-up descriptions are able to be read clearly cause now they blend in with whatever text is behind it :)

Not sure if this has been hit before but how about an option in the Daphne Advanced Configuration for a database. I'd like to have the game info displayed for these games as well.

First post so I may have missed this (built my cab last week and started dabbling with software this week!) - is it possible to have "adult" controls? I know you can screen out mature content but it would be great if, when screened out, you could see the ROM but not launch it until a certain button sequence (user defined possibly) was hit - something like the adult controls on X-Box 360.

That means I can not worry about the kids playing Narc when they should be playing Rainbow Islands etc ;)

Thanks guys and so far I;m loving what I see with GameEx (I started with Maximus but GameEx seems more like what I need!)

Moose

@Moose:

You can make a separate profile so adult games are not listed, but for now that's the only option.

OFF TOPIC

@ Draco how does space ace run on MAME? or any of the other LD games for that matter?

wondering if its worth the 76.6GB to grab them.I am pretty sure MAME plays one LD game that Daphne does not