All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

My request is about bezels. I have a handful of bezels in my MAME artwork folder and I also have a nice clean GameEx bezel set to show for horizontal games. My request is to have GameEx show the original bezel from the MAME artwork folder for the supported rom and then show the GameEx bezel for roms I don't have artwork for.

My request is about bezels. I have a handful of bezels in my MAME artwork folder and I also have a nice clean GameEx bezel set to show for horizontal games. My request is to have GameEx show the original bezel from the MAME artwork folder for the supported rom and then show the GameEx bezel for roms I don't have artwork for.

I second!

NEW FEATURE REQUEST! - SWTICH USERS

As part of the Exit GameEx options - Have an option to Switch Users so that in multiple-user cabs or HTPC setups other users can pull up their themes, emus, etc.

NEW FEATURE REQUEST! - SWTICH USERS

As part of the Exit GameEx options - Have an option to Switch Users so that in multiple-user cabs or HTPC setups other users can pull up their themes, emus, etc.

If you're using GameEx Login feature you can just use the "LogOut User" menu option and it should bring you back to the GameEx login screen.

If you're using GameEx Login feature you can just use the "LogOut User" menu option and it should bring you back to the GameEx login screen.

I do not see that as an option - how should the Login feature be enable to do so?

When I exit I see Logoff as an option, bu thtis is for Windows Logoff, not to Logout of GameEx. How do you invoke the GameEx Login feature to start GameEx and get that option to appear in GameEx?

Do you mean 180 degrees? If not why is that needed?

Thanks.

OK this is a little bit special: I want to build a cab with a mirrorprojection, like it was used in Asteroids Deluxe or Space Invaders :)

if this is already available please ignore(but please tell me how to do it)

my request is to be able to use a video instead of just an image for the game

my gameex setup has layerd folders(see image 1 ten 2) and what im wondering is ca we be able to use a video ware the mame logo(or even have a video included with the logo{see image 2})

post-3271-0-76339900-1291664424_thumb.pn

post-3271-0-20988400-1291664439_thumb.pn

if this is already available please ignore(but please tell me how to do it)

my request is to be able to use a video instead of just an image for the game

my gameex setup has layerd folders(see image 1 ten 2) and what im wondering is ca we be able to use a video ware the mame logo(or even have a video included with the logo{see image 2})

This is already possible. Just put a video in the logos folder of the theme you're using with the same name as the logo you're replacing.

I would like to make a request that all ISO support be transfered to either daemon tools lite,alcohol 120,or something besides virtual clone drive.its such a terrible program,it doesnt support all types of files,and honestly,most of the time it doesnt even work

I'm not sure if this is possible or not or if it's already possible. But I think it'd be pretty cool to display MAME hiscores under GameEx live or somewhere on the site. Anyone else think this would be a cool idea? :)

I second this. Unfortunately, nobody would be able to touch my Galaga score. Sorry guys.:lol:

Oh yeah Celly? Is that a challenge?

/me turns on infinite lives cheat

This really is a cool idea. If it's possible, I'd like to +1 that.

Five requests please

1) In mame, at the top of the page when you pick a game from your list, the name appears above the section where you select play, view cabinet etc. Would it be possible to also show the rom name. This would be helpful in your search for the bezel, cabinet etc. image. I use the Emumovies download Service for all my media and its not always complete. When playing a game and you find that a cetain media is lacking, the name would give you a stating point of what to look for on the web and then if found upload to Ciro for the Emumovies download Service.

2) Is there any thought of adding reports to the statistics section. It would be awesome to be able to generate reports as to missing media, etc.

3) Ability to have a different backround per game within a system.

4) A section called Tools or Utilities. In this section I want to put some of the other SpecSoft sofware to run from within GameEx without existing such as the image namer CD rip etc. I know I can add these as emulators but, I don;t want to take up slots.

5) Some more media slots in Mame like we have in other emulators.

Thank you Tom for all you do.

I second this. Unfortunately, nobody would be able to touch my Galaga score. Sorry guys.:lol:

Ha ha I guess we won't know until Tom accepts this request or if it's possible which should be. Anyway thanks guys maybe if more users want this feature as well maybe Tom will make it possible :)

request:

Under more games/applications, an option to have sub categories under there, where we could place out apps.

So i'd like to have "scripts" "online gaming" "PC Games" for example

thanks

Much of what you are suggesting can be handled through the use of Custom Menus and the Custom Menu setup is part of the configuration tools that are installed when you install GameEx. There are a few threads on the General forum that may be of help to you.

:Requested option:

Could there, or is there a way to set up GameEX for pinball to use a back glass on a second monitor?

I would love for me to have my monitors one above the other(for a potential cab build)and have MAME games display there marquee (on top) when the game does not have the option or need for a second monitor. Similar to what is used now but be able to choose what is displayed.

Also to be able to have the top monitor as back glass for pinball tables. I noticed that there are static and animated back glass for tables and would love for this to be an option on GameEX

New Request: Search sub folder for game Art, manual etc.. ( i like keep my rom in an individual folder for eahc game with the Art, manual, boxes).

New Request if possible: Speedup when browsing Favorite, my computer often hang for many second (core I5-750, 7200trm defragmented 2000to hard disk)

Old request that would be a Must-have for me: Option to minimize GameEx to tray instead of closing, restarting GameEx would restore from tray instead of opening second instance.

New Feature Request for Theme Editor - Allow Theme Editor to modify Font style, color, size for different text elements. For Example, I would like to use an 8-Pin dot matrix looking font for the scroller and in a different color than other text elements. For future themes, I would like to be able to use a different color font or even a different font or font size for my lists vs Title Bar, date/time, menu options, etc.

New feature request.

When using a theme and displaying a video when you display a system, I would like to see GameEx pick different videos out of a group,instead of displaying the same video each time. GameEx does this for your startup video. Both here, Emumovies and on the web, I m finding more and more startup videos for systems. For most systems I now have the ones from Emumovies, Carls from here and quite a few that are avaialble on the web. ( Youtube has quite alot). When you or a friend browes thru the systems list, a different system video popping up adds to the experience of using the greatest frontend available.