RedDog    265
1 hour ago, morgoth32 said:

Hello,

i'd like to have a way to change the mame categories lists or add more categories. For example instead of the NEO-GEO, ATARI, CHD and golden era lists the simple genre.ini from progettosnaps support would be awesome.

If it's already possible please someone tell me how.

Hey Morgoth32. Just wanted to know that you can edit the names for Mame categories right now. If you go to the Text/Language page in the Setup Wizard, you will see all sorts of parameters there.

morgoth32    10

Thanks, I didn't know about those options !

What i'd like to have is a way to add more lists to sort games like 1 for the vs fightings, 1 for the shoot them ups etc...

wrd1972    2

Would it be possible to get windowed view for GX Arcade Edition?

I want to use it on my Pincab but I must reduce the height of it on my vertical display and the only way I know to do it is with windowed mode. If there is another way I can resize it or also in Gameex with out using windowed, that would be helpful too.

Thanks for the hard work. Its very appreciated. :)

Rochabian    13

Hi!

I would use videos themes with regular gameex and be able to set two or more videos directories, like in Gameex arcade

So if no video theme is found in directory 1,, then gameex check the directory 2 for video snap.

Thanks!

Rochabian    13

Another one :

Can every menu be "wheelable" when changing view ?

Start view menu and emulator selection menu actually can't have wheeled menu

Same thing for Multimedia & Jukebox

The wheel is really an eye-candy feature :wub:

Draco1962    2172
1 hour ago, Rochabian said:

Another one :

Can every menu be "wheelable" when changing view ?

Start view menu and emulator selection menu actually can't have wheeled menu

Same thing for Multimedia & Jukebox

The wheel is really an eye-candy feature :wub:

+1 for this for GameEx Arcade as well. Would be cool to be able to create custom images for these in addition to being wheeled.

Rochabian    13

A setting to enable/disable the display of random game videos in emulator selection (to choose between logo or random game video or custom video to be displayed )

Thanks

Draco1962    2172

FEATURE REQUEST:

In GameEx and GameEx Arcade, have dedicated background images or videos for Steam, Origin, and Uplay (as steambak, originbak, and uplaybak with corresponding foreground images as well) so that custom backgrounds can be designed and placed in the \GameEx\Themes\YOUR_THEME_NAME\Media folder.  Right now they default to the bak.png or bak.mp4 images/video.

RedDog    265

FEATURE REQUEST FOR GAMEEX and GAMEEX ARCADE:

This is a small one. As you cycle through a list using the wheel view, I noticed that the image of the currently selected item is displayed in back of the image just below it. I would think that the currently selected image should be fully displayed 'on top'.

• Like 1

Draco1962    2172

FEATURE REQUESTS FOR GAMEEX ARCADE:

1st - Add to the "wheel" or "menu" layer a place to put an arrow image (that can be modified in the theme\media folder) to point to the option for selection that will also disappear when the wheel or menu disappears. While the enlarged text or logo is great, this adds an additional indicator when at a quick glance.

2nd - Allow for game "theme" video (when available) to display in background when on the game menu. At present, the default background video shows when you are in the game level menu. Would keep the appearance consistant. This request is for the integrated system support (MAME, DAPHNE, Steam, etc.) only as the background vVideo Background is available when setting up separate Emulators.

3rd - Display background videos for MAME, Steam, Origin, and other emulators when paging through main menu as well as when in the specific emulators/systems when a game theme video is not available. Again, more polished and consistant appearance.

we1dont7die    1

Hi Tom,

I have two feature requests for Gameex Arcade.

1. A way to put MAME under it's own menu, ala standard Gameex.

2. A way to cusutomize which emumovies content gets pulled.

I think these features would greaty improve an already amazing front end.

Draco1962    2172

FEATURE REQUEST FOR GAMEEX ARCADE: 

Make main menu a wheel just like the MAME and other emulator submenus. Also, in making main menu a wheel, allow for use of logo files to replace text, same as the game menus.

• Like 1

high-5    0

GameEx Arcade: would be great to rotate the gameex display via configurable buttons for cabs that can rotate monitor

Tom Speirs    2397
On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:18 PM, high-5 said:

GameEx Arcade: would be great to rotate the gameex display via configurable buttons for cabs that can rotate monitor

Have you checked out the rotation plugin?

high-5    0
On 10.10.2017 at 9:52 AM, Tom Speirs said:

Have you checked out the rotation plugin?

Hi Tom, not really as I could not find a documentation for it. There are not too many options but I dont know how to map the script functions to a button.

Edit: found the documentation on the downloads page ;-) seems it uses hardware boards for switching indication - will have a look into it. A mapable key would also be fine.