All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

@Stigzler - Thanks for the reply... In looking at the CustomMenu.ini file, I don't see a "Home" option:

# The Item Types are as follows

# -1= Submenu group. Goto other menu. Parameter = Menu number e.g Item=-1,Sub Menu 1,4 goes to [MENU_4].
# - Will be listed in GameEx as "Sub Menu 1"
# 0=MAME
# 1=Emulator. Parameter = Emulator Nunber
# 2=Application. Parameter = Application Number
# 3=Web Application. Parameter = Web Application Number
# 4=Theme Picker
# 5=Start Screensaver
# 6=Configuration Application
# 7=Statistics
# 8=Export To Mce
# 9=Most Played
# 10=Last Played
# 11=Random Game
# 12=Favorites
# 13=All Games list
# 14=News
# 15=Search
# 16=Exit
# 17=Log Off
# 18=Shut Down
# 19=Hibernate
# 20=Standby
# 21=Restart
# 22=Videos
# 23=Play DVD
# 24=Jukebox
# 25=DVDs on Disk
# 26=Radio
# 27=Media Library
# 28=eBooks
# 29=Karaoke
# 30=Pictures
# 31=Daphne
# 32=Emulator Group. Paramater = Group Number
# 33=Blank Line

I just pulled up the GameEx Custom Menu GUI and I see that there are more options after Blank Line that are not documented in the file. But even in there, I do not see a "Home" option. I'm on version 14.41, so if it's changed recently, that could be my problem.

UPDATE: From the Custom Menu GUI, I would infer that:

#34=YouTube

#35=GameBase System

#36=GameEx Arcade

#37=Steam

#38=Netflix

#39=TV

#40=Origin

#41=Uplay

#42=Movie Database

#43=Weather

#44=Live - Most Played

#45=Live - Favorites

#46=Highest Rated

If you were referring to the "Home" option on the menu versus the list, that doesn't really solve my problem. I need it selectable in the list, with my own text.

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2016 at 5:34 PM, ehuonder said:

@Stigzler - Thanks for the reply... In looking at the CustomMenu.ini file, I don't see a "Home" option:

# The Item Types are as follows

# -1= Submenu group. Goto other menu. Parameter = Menu number e.g Item=-1,Sub Menu 1,4 goes to [MENU_4].
# - Will be listed in GameEx as "Sub Menu 1"
# 0=MAME
# 1=Emulator. Parameter = Emulator Nunber
# 2=Application. Parameter = Application Number
# 3=Web Application. Parameter = Web Application Number
# 4=Theme Picker
# 5=Start Screensaver
# 6=Configuration Application
# 7=Statistics
# 8=Export To Mce
# 9=Most Played
# 10=Last Played
# 11=Random Game
# 12=Favorites
# 13=All Games list
# 14=News
# 15=Search
# 16=Exit
# 17=Log Off
# 18=Shut Down
# 19=Hibernate
# 20=Standby
# 21=Restart
# 22=Videos
# 23=Play DVD
# 24=Jukebox
# 25=DVDs on Disk
# 26=Radio
# 27=Media Library
# 28=eBooks
# 29=Karaoke
# 30=Pictures
# 31=Daphne
# 32=Emulator Group. Paramater = Group Number
# 33=Blank Line

I just pulled up the GameEx Custom Menu GUI and I see that there are more options after Blank Line that are not documented in the file. But even in there, I do not see a "Home" option. I'm on version 14.41, so if it's changed recently, that could be my problem.

UPDATE: From the Custom Menu GUI, I would infer that:

#34=YouTube

#35=GameBase System

#36=GameEx Arcade

#37=Steam

#38=Netflix

#39=TV

#40=Origin

#41=Uplay

#42=Movie Database

#43=Weather

#44=Live - Most Played

#45=Live - Favorites

#46=Highest Rated

If you were referring to the "Home" option on the menu versus the list, that doesn't really solve my problem. I need it selectable in the list, with my own text.

In Custom Menus, I believe Start is the same as Home and in the Root of the menu. You should be able to change the title to Home if you wish.

I was thinking seperate favorites lists would be a cool option, then I read in a different thread that this was the place to cast a vote for anticipated feature. Favorite Survival Horror, Sports games, 8-bit Classics, or whatever a user feels like classifying different Favorite games as. Or would a way to add custom 'tags' to Favorites accomplish something similar?

23 minutes ago, firebrand_X said:

I was thinking seperate favorites lists would be a cool option, then I read in a different thread that this was the place to cast a vote for anticipated feature. Favorite Survival Horror, Sports games, 8-bit Classics, or whatever a user feels like classifying different Favorite games as. Or would a way to add custom 'tags' to Favorites accomplish something similar?

PinballX is a good example of this where different types of pinball games .xml files can be created however the individual wants for them to be ordered. Of course, to work within the integrated MAME support having something in a simpler format might be preferred, such as csv or tab delimited.

I'd very much like a custom tag system as well. It would enable you me to make categories like "Mega Drive Shoot 'em up's " and "Ancient Far East Setting"

I have another wish as well. Currently in the old GameEx when you play a game in two different emulators, say Rush'n Attack in Nestopia and then another time in MESS it is counted as two different games with one instance of playing each. What would be neat was if it was counted a two instances of playing the same game for playing time statistics.

Hi. I wish to request a Steam list refresh feature based upon whether PC Steam games were recently installed or deleted, complete with capability to install or uninstall snaps, videos and descriptions along with the game. :) It would be pretty convenient for Steam users. I'm looking at showing off my Steam collection at a sci-fi con in a few weeks and it would be great if this feature were available. Thanks. :)

When GameEx updates the MAME list through the integrated support,  and in possibly a few other areas, only the bak image is displayed. For themes using the foreground images to mask certain areas of the background this can look untidy or ugly.

I would like to recommend either displaying both bak and foreground images ideally,  but if not possible due to the displaying of the update footer to add an alternate back image and path that would display of the end user's choice.

Examples of the background exposed and the normal display.

bak_exposed.png

Normal display.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Online Radio Stations Feature request - 

Have the online radio stations load from an editable XML file. The schema would include:

Station Number 

Station Name

Station URL

Genre

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how hard coded this is, but it would be nice to be able to change the font in the theme editor for the RSS scroller, date, time, menu lists, and other text (besides the Title) each individually instead of them all changing when one is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update Radio feature to read from an user editable .xml file of the radio listings with fields for Station ID/Name, URL, Category, Rating, Favorite indicator.

This enhancement will allow the end user to create and manage their own Internet radio station lists, search by category or user defined ratings. Would also allow easier management of Favorites by indicating True or False.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First off thanks thanks devs for a fantastic product.  Certainly made my collections easier to manage and control.  The big feature I'd like to see is Exodos support.   I've got a huge DOS game collection in Exodos (which uses the MEAGRE frontend) but I've got no way of knowing how to transfer it over to GameEx.  

Enhancements Request for wheel menu introduced in v14.55:

- Add additional "views" that allow for changing the size of the logo files viewed. Logos presently appear too small on large displays. This functionality already exists in the grid view.

- Add options to integrated online services (Steam, Origin, Uplay) to display logo files in wheel view.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

- Add options to integrated online services (Steam, Origin, Uplay) to display logo files in wheel view.

Could I amend that to say also add the option to display logo files in grid view? As it stands currently, in grid view, all games have the Steam logo displayed.

If I can piggyback on this request train...

Currently it spins in a C orientation, I need the mirror of that (EG, the right side of the pie instead of the left). It will work perfect with my theme, but it would be a lot of work if I have to redo all the artwork. I want to use this!!!

22 minutes ago, RIP-Felix said:

If I can piggyback on this request train...

Currently it spins in a C orientation, I need the mirror of that (EG, the right side of the pie instead of the left). It will work perfect with my theme, but it would be a lot of work if I have to redo all the artwork. I want to use this!!!

In other words, you want it to flip orientation depending upon where the List is placed within a theme. So, if the List is on the left, then the wheel would appear as ) and if the List was on the right, the wheel would appear as (

1 minute ago, Draco1962 said:

In other words, you want it to flip orientation depending upon where the List is placed within a theme. So, if the List is on the left, then the wheel would appear as ) and if the List was on the right, the wheel would appear as (

Yup!

Is there a way, either via the theme editor or through the Setup Wizard, to choose which images are pulled in Grid View? Is there a way to choose to display boxart, cartridges, or title screens (personal favorite) with a simple setting? I've manipulated the 'logos' folders to demonstrate how it could look.

Ideally it would be cool to make a combination of what shows up in the top-left box (video/snap), bottom-left box (logo/title screen), and in the Grid View (boxart, carts, title screen, logos, etc)  as demonstrated by the Photoshopped screenshot featuring Castlevania: SOTN  (attached below)

This feature would be amazing!

logos.jpg

titles.jpg

boxart.jpg

steam.jpg

combination-vid-title-boxart.jpg

• Like 2