All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Man it would be awesome if GameEx Online could generate the aggregate scores, so you could see your local rating as well as the community rating.

Seeing as Evo will be social oriented to a degree, i think that is one of the best suggestions yet! Not to mention that we could bring "live lists" back in to play with real user/community ratings.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After a big headache, I think it would be convenient if we have the option to merge sets on, when you exclude a rom should get in the list of roms excluded all those that are set and not just the first one.

This would facilitate further erasing all roms that are set and not just the first one.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if its feasible, but some sort of Folder System (Think MAMEUI) would be really helpful.

An example I would personally use (and do use in MAMEUI) is sorting games by 2-player. You simply right-click a game, and add it to your predefined folder/.ini file. I also do this with newly discovered games.

The upcoming rating system might be able to be expanded to a tagging system where different roms have customizable tags, and roms with common tags can be grouped and displayed together. I believe GameEx has a rudimentary way of doing this already (At some point I ran into a "Display all Multiplayer Games" option), but it was extremely incomplete.

Currently, in order to achieve this in GameEx, I've been making map-files of the games I want organized, creating separate emulator instances that use the map-files, and then grouping all of these emulators under one emulator group. It's a long process, and updating the map files when I find new games is pretty tedious.

Edit: Also, if this is not remotely possible, is there a way I and other users can update the GameEx Multiplayer Games list (along with the others) in order to make it more complete?

• 2 weeks later...

I will repeat my message in General section as it seems that this could work as feature request:

I do really think I made good call by buying GameEx, but I regret putting GameEx Online account information to GameEx as I don't generally like that what I play is shared to anyone (yeah, go ahead and look, nothing to really hide).

Is there a way to make GameEx profile to be completely private so only I can see it?

Or maybe a way to clear it?

I don't know if GameEx Online has any point other than sharing what I play to everyone and in that context it might be pointless to allow setting it private, but clearing it would be nice (I don't mean that you should do it especially for me, but make a button to profile owner to be able to clear it).

I think there are others like me who don't really like to share things publicly in Facebook (or use it at all) or share everyone what they play in Steam etc.

I even keep Steam in offline unless I want to play with someone else. Battle.net is horrible since I can't be offline and still play :(

• Like 2

I don't generally like that what I play is shared to anyone.

Is there a way to make GameEx profile to be completely private so only I can see it?

Or maybe a way to clear it?

I think there are others like me who don't really like to share things publicly in Facebook (or use it at all) or share everyone what they play in Steam etc.

I agree with timit above. While implementing online features is a great and obvious step forward, inevitably there will be members like myself and timit, who prefer to keep things private - but at the same time be able to access our online profiles and view our stats etc. I personally think that to have a "Privacy Option" in our GameEx Online accounts would be not just a welcome feature, but a wise one too :)

• Like 2

I would have to agree with that also. It shouldn't be too terribly difficult to add in to the current framework. Would be nice to also allow for admins to enable and disable accounts...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

How about you have it so you can have your current GameEx.ini and log available from your game card. That way if someone on the forum has an issue, people trying to help (or admins/mods/etc) can click their gamer card and get their GameEx.ini and log without needing to ask for it and that way people who constantly have problems with GameEx don't have to keep reuploading their GameEx.ini and Log every time. When you got a lot of different systems set up there's much more chances of something going wrong. I don't see this being hard since everything else is available via GameEx Online.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be cool to have simulated DMD display capability. Possible options for use of DMD would be display of MAME high scores, DMD marquees or other videos that are related to the game being played, etc.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I should have posted this a long time ago and I don't want it in any way to slow down the Evolution process but here's my request. As it stands GameEx is the best application to natively emulate Kodi's abilities in the emulation community. There are a few key features that I need before I can draw it up. I figure a few pictures can show you what I'm after.

First, I would like the ability to scroll through my list of games via images like box art.

Aeon_Nox_-_posters.jpg

Secondly, I would like the ability to place any item on the screen without bounds including the video being locked to aspect ratio.

1346771540-screenshot005.png

I maybe could keep going with this but the combination of these two would do wonders whenever the day comes.

I used to want that also. But think of it. Would you be able to quickly lookup/search for a title you wanted to play with only covers on screen? That's why I reverted my opinion and now find it just very nice to be able to sort through a list of games. A better option, in my personal opinion, is if GameEx could be made looking like a new Frontend "EmulationStation" which can be found here. It looks very sweet! It only has the systems in a cover wall kind of look. But the gamelist itself is still a sortable list.

About 0:27 in the video at the top of the forums you will see a "Coverflow" type display. How it will look when Evo is released I am uncertain, but there will be that type of funtionality.

• Like 1

Too bad you can't see a systems overview in the video. I'm just curious as to how that will look like and how you can alter that. I hope Evolution can be altered to look like what you see here. I just love those views! And with the flat coverflow you see the systems browsing with added system pics in stead of only logo's. That would be awesome ;)

I would love to see improved font support. After fiddling around a lot with fonts this is what i found:

- Big font sizes are not supported properly (They show remnants of other letters below or above the letters). This effect varies over fonts and the problem increases when fonts are enlarged (especially above 60pts and using non-standard sizes, such as 64pt or 74pt).

-Very wide fonts are not properly supported. They start to overlap eachother, especially when the font reaches sizes over 48pts. This problem is especially apparent in the Search page (also in conjunction with big fonts).

-Italic fonts are not properly supported (Parts of the letters are cut off, usually at the beginning of the letter, increases when fonts are enlarged)

-TTF bitmap-like fonts are sometimes improperly resized. Even when anti aliasing is turned off and the font is in the correct size ( ie 12pts) it still shows some blur and the tight pixel look is gone.

-Support for OTF and FON files. This istanteniously allows a lot of more fonts to be used in GameEx.

Some other features regarding fonts i would LOVE to see in GameEx: (Mainly to improve BITMAP like fonts!)

-Support for more fonts at once! Especially the ability to use different Fonts for the menubar, description, list and Title. I think this could greatly improve some designs and allows for a more customizable look.

-Support for different font sizes per page/menu - info page (ie, being able to choose a different font size for the main menus and the gamelist/info page). This would be extremely useful because a lot of my gamenames (i use Goodmerged sets) look perfect when browsing the 7z archive list, but the full title is way too long to be displayed on the info page. Making the font smaller decreases readability and is harmful to design. Right now, there is always a trade off to be made.

I think implementing these features could be a great addition to the theming options. I am personally very interested in creating very old-school/pixel-like looking themes but the current font options don't fully support the ideas i have. :wub:

Tested with the following fonts: SF Square Head Extended, Fisk Bitmap Nr2, Squealer Embossed
11judue.png28uqwyf.pngir0pk4.png

There is another feature i would love to see in GameEx: More icon support!

I dont mean icons for games, since they dont exist and i dont think anyone will ever have the time to complete such a staggering task :P

Im talking about increased Country coding support (GoodTools code). If this feature ever gets added, i will try to create icons for it.

The following codes could be a great addition: More Country codes [(Ch),(D),(K),(Nl),®,(W),(Unl),(PD),(Unk)]

I have a suggestion of how the feature could further be improved. By adding support for other codes (non-country) in a smaller format that can be placed on-top of the country code icon during runtime (ie. a small ! image for Perfect Dumps that appears over the country code)

Codes i would personally love to see support for: [(REVXX),(M#),[T],[t],[!],[h],[c],(Alpha),(Beta),(Prototype),(Hack),(PAL),(NTSC)]

Since this is programmatically probably very easy, maybe adding all codes would be a good idea.

There is another feature i would love to see in GameEx: System icon support!

There are beautiful icons for every system available on the web and i would love to see support for it.

Maybe adding icon support for every menu entry would be a great ideaas well, so that menu icons can be customized as well. (ie. "menu_name"_icon.png)

It would be very cool if the support could be added to the gamelist aswell. So that, when a particular game has no available icons,

the system icon will be displayed instead!

Full list of country codes can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoodTools

If i ever get enough time on my hands, i will start creating the icons myself and post them somewhere on the forums.

Last but least, there is a feature i personally would love to see in GameEx:

The ability to create a windows folder for a emulator menu! When i open an emulator in GameEx, i would love to have an gamesystem page before i enter the gamelist. This will make the arcade machine look more like a museum, where i can read system information, emulator information, hardware revisions, History of the system, etc.. It is currently semi-possible to do so, but requires a different application setup for every entry in every menu, which is waaayy to much work.

For Example: Having a windows folder for every emulator somewhere inside the GameEx Theme folder where i can dump the files/images. So upon opening the emulator from the emuselectpage, i can hover the system information entry in the menu and the image/text will popup in the image section so i can read the information. Maybe this is a little geeky, but the whole interface will feel much more complete. It kind of sucks to have to go all the way back to the documents or image menu just to view a file associated with a particular emulator. <_<

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...