All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I know that Theme editor related request's are being ignored but I thought I would request for another one for future reference.

The ability to have the list/selector fade out when idle, so it kinda dissapears when a button hasnt been pressed in GameEx, and the timescale for this can be altered by the user.

FEATURE REQUEST - Windows Games Library Integration (Vista and above):

We have the Steam Integration which is a fantastic feature for GameEx. Along similar lines, I am requesting a feature that can be enabled at the user's choosing to read from the contents of the Game library in Windows 7 and automagically display the name from the .lnk files there as well as the icon art in a list display. This will allow for users to play through GameEx the games that come with Windows as well as those that are Steam and non-Steam games as they are installed. In the vision I have for this feature, there would be options within Setup Wizard that will allow for paths to be setup by the user for video/still snaps, titles, box art, etc. (similar to the other emulators or MAME).

Viewing high scores in GameEx

I have a compiled version of Mame (v 0147) with highscore support and the files "HiToText.exe" and "HiToText.xml" are present in my main GameEx-folder. Showing highscores of Mame-games is working well.

But, I would like GameEx to show more high score positions and showing the high scores in the image2-location.

Explanation:

1)
When I for example select Donkey Kong in GameEX I have the menu-option High Score. See screenshot:

post-10451-0-28866000-1358089552_thumb.j

When I press Enter I get the popup-screen with the first five highscore-positions. See screenshot:

post-10451-0-69633700-1358089559_thumb.j

> Great so far, but I would like GameEx to show more high score positions.

2)
I would like GameEx to not show a popup-image but showing the highscores in the image2-location. In the same way for example a cabinet or marquee picture is shown. See screenshot:

post-10451-0-53084300-1358089567_thumb.j

Thanks in advance!

[First Post Here]

Hello there, My name is James Lee mckigney and I am a frequent user of Gameex and I was thinking about buying the lifetime full version. However there is a slight oversight with the gamebase crossover function that I feel that should be noticed.

In the original Gamebase you can punch in a password to hide adult rated games that kids shouldn't be playing in the first place. Were is the function to punch in your password to hide the particular lewd obscenity so that kids are safe from the adult content? I should point out that I just have to set the password and forget it in order to prevent kids from playing what is not appropriate and if I play my gamebase in public then I wouldn't offend anyone which is a bonus.

Please implement the feature as soon as you can. maybe in a patch i can apply quickly and as a feature in later versions of Gameex.

Sincerely yours

James Lee McKigney (Yatterhog)

[First Post Here]

Hello there, My name is James Lee mckigney and I am a frequent user of Gameex and I was thinking about buying the lifetime full version. However there is a slight oversight with the gamebase crossover function that I feel that should be noticed.

In the original Gamebase you can punch in a password to hide adult rated games that kids shouldn't be playing in the first place. Were is the function to punch in your password to hide the particular lewd obscenity so that kids are safe from the adult content? I should point out that I just have to set the password and forget it in order to prevent kids from playing what is not appropriate and if I play my gamebase in public then I wouldn't offend anyone which is a bonus.

Please implement the feature as soon as you can. maybe in a patch i can apply quickly and as a feature in later versions of Gameex.

Sincerely yours

James Lee McKigney (Yatterhog)

First, welcome to the GameEx forums!

Second, to address your concerns. I am assuming that, since your post is focused on gamebase you are concerned about your children accessing adult content within gamebase. Being a frontend to various emulators, GameEx will be limited in providing such filters, as most any other frontend will be. If such a filter or parental control exists within gamebase, it will have to be enabled via the emulator itself.

When a frontend, such as GameEx offers integration of a particular emulator, it is to create more of a seamless appearance to the end-user. Hopefully, this will not dissuade you from making a purchase of a lifetime license.

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST:

Allow within themes and Setup Wizard for changing to additional Date/Time formats and font, font size/color formatting options. Present system allows for 12 hour/24 hour time, but only allows for Month and Date spelled out (i.e. January 14).

Other formats may include formal spelled out of day along with date ( Monday, January 14 or abbreviated Mon Jan 14 (US) or Mon 14 Jan), or other popular formats such as mm/dd/yy, mm/dd/yyyy, dd/mm/yy, dd/mm/yyyy.

This will allow the end-user additional flexibility in theme creation or to display visually to their personal tastes via Setup Wizard. Same goes with being able to select a unique font along with size and color for the time date displayed that is independent of the main theme font.

• Like 1

FEATURE / ENHANCEMENT REQUEST - Several screens tend to pull from the bak.png file to load a background image (All Mame categories, Control Panel view, etc.). When trying to work with Foreground Topmost options in creating a theme, since the Menu bar will not display on top, it requires some images to be split between foreground and back layers to allow the Menu bar to show. Needless to say that this makes for some sloppy work trying to compensate.

One of two options would work, the first being optimal - under Theme Editor options, create an option to Display Menu Bar Topmost toggle to display over the foreground image whether Foreground Topmost is selected or not. The second option would be to force the Mame categories and Control Panel view to pull their own background files. Seems that the the first option may be easiest and best to implement.

• 3 weeks later...

FEATURE / ENHANCEMENT REQUEST:

The Popup-GameDescription Box, could have a more grey color, than white as it is now. The reason:

if you choose interlaced resolutions (especially in Cab-style environments) the box tends to jitter and wiggle a lot, because of this.

Making the outlines at least 2 pixels thick, might help also.

Please, i dont think, this is a big thing and it would help that this description-box would be much more usefull, for all Cab users outthere.

as a rule for everyone: strong contrasts between black / white i.e. tend to jitter in interlaced-mode. pure white is poison for interlaced resolutions. make it slight darker and the problems goes away. and last... thin lines with 1pixel also jitter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FEATURE / ENHANCEMENT REQUEST - Customizeable GameExtender Background Image

For those wanting to max out their skinning experience across various areas of GameEx. I would like to see the ability to use a custom background image that can be stored in the \gameex\themes\THEMENAME\MEDIA path or selectable via the Setup Wizard in the GameExtender settings. At present, GameExtender will use a random or customizeable LOGO (or game snaps) image to display on a black background.

I have a simple request. I like watching some of the old video game commercials that I downloaded through emumovies, but they look so pixelated when fullscreen. It would be cool to have an option to use a smaller video window with a cool background like a retro tv that could play all of the videos looped, but small enough that they don't look so bad.

• Like 1

I have one feature request and another potential bug/feature.

1) Adding wildcard support to excluded rom list. This would allow to filter something like "[bIOS]*" to hide all bios files.

2) Something odd seems to be going on with "Use 7z" and Rom Filter wildcards. Filtering "*(*USA*)*" properly filters at a rom level but not at a system level.

For more information see this post: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12571-filter-questions/#entry101284

See post 7 for a detailed description of the issue.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Good work, Tom. Loving your creation + looking to use on my first cab build :)

One request. I'm not sure if this is theme related or more general GE functioning. Using the After Dark theme:

there's facility in GE to play music from a specified folder on the
game selection screen for each emulator. Is there any way to have this
happen on the screen before this - i.e. on the emulator selection
screen? So, when I hover over C64 for example, it plays music from the
C64 folder etc...

atm - in game selection screen - my videos play over top of bg music
making a cacophony, but the emu selector screen is eerily silent. Is
this a theme design thing - or more general GE design stuff?

I don't ask for much, huh?

:)

Game Rating System?

Just curious if anyone has ever though of putting in a "Rate" option inside of Game Ex. Everyone knows Shinobi is awesome, right? But who knows what "Violence Fight" is? Not I! Until I stumbled across the game inside of Game EX.

If that game is good I would like to rate accordingly...if not I'd like to rate accordingly(1-10 scale.) When my friends/family come over to play and I might be upstairs or entertaining others they could see my ratings or ratings from other people who have played on my Cabinet. They could also rate once they play the game.(Unlimited local ratings) You could go as far to make this online as well to see what other Game Ex users have rated, but this is not 100% necessary as I do not always care what others think out side of my local friends/family. :) Maybe have Local ratings and Game Ex Community ratings separate.

Also with the rating system you could have another quick link at the main menu for "Highest Rated Games" like "Favorites" or "Last Played."

Just a thought a couple friends and I came up with while playing this last weekend.

Thanks,

Rich

• Like 5