All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I'm actually working on getting those flags added in via MAP file, but ultimately that stuff is up to Tom. :)

FEATURE/ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: GameEx has the capability to display images that are placed within the \gameex\themes\<themename>\media\logos\database path. These images can correspond to manufacturers, categories, or years search options (I believe these are captioned in the manulist.txt, catlist.txt and yearlist.txt files respectively). My request is three-fold:

1.) Have the path for each (manufacturer, category, year) defined via Setup Wizard so that those using this feature can set-up a their own paths within GameEx outside of the theme in use.

2.) Set an option to where the list is not overwritten when GameEx version updates are installed so that the user may add content accordingly.

3.) Have GameEx search these user-defined paths or the main theme logos path (\gameex\themes\<themename>\media\logos\) to display the Year, Manufacturer, and Category search logos in the menus with a logo file of the user's choice.

I was recently reacquainted with this feature that is not oft used and I am presently working on several logo packs to capture each of these search categories for use within a personal theme. (Ok, who am I fooling? I will share!). By operating outside of the theme paths, this will allow for conservation of theme sizes when submitted.

FEATURE/ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: GameEx has the capability to display images that are placed within the \gameex\themes\<themename>\media\logos\database path. These images can correspond to manufacturers, categories, or years search options (I believe these are captioned in the manulist.txt, catlist.txt and yearlist.txt files respectively). My request is three-fold:

1.) Have the path for each (manufacturer, category, year) defined via Setup Wizard so that those using this feature can set-up a their own paths within GameEx outside of the theme in use.

2.) Set an option to where the list is not overwritten when GameEx version updates are installed so that the user may add content accordingly.

3.) Have GameEx search these user-defined paths or the main theme logos path (\gameex\themes\<themename>\media\logos\) to display the Year, Manufacturer, and Category search logos in the menus with a logo file of the user's choice.

I was recently reacquainted with this feature that is not oft used and I am presently working on several logo packs to capture each of these search categories for use within a personal theme. (Ok, who am I fooling? I will share!). By operating outside of the theme paths, this will allow for conservation of theme sizes when submitted.

Glad you are working on this. It is a very underused feature. I like the idea. I will look at it.

I understand that, :) But the biggest (and perhaps the only) reason why I bought a key was to benefit from the goodmerge features. :) I wouldn't understand if goodmerge was left with more inconveniences than advantages, not very nice for people who choose to support game ex financially. Also in goodmerge mode, we have those nice little flags which are no available in non merged mode. :)

If your not happy with your purchase you should contact me directly but I consider this a bug and will try to look at it. It should try an exact match for the merged game first IMO too.

Glad you are working on this. It is a very underused feature. I like the idea. I will look at it.

Tom - As I have started moving forward, I noticed that the Category.txt file will not work as the sub-categories are separated by / (Maze / Outline, Driving / Track, etc.). The system requires the logo file to match the name. I did discover that the default Driving carried through to all the Driving / <sub-category> views.

I would like to amend my feature request to pull the year, category, and manufacturer from the Date, Publisher, Category fields in the respective mdbs for the emulators. I am not sure what the feasibility is for this part of the request. It might crawl if searching through all the mdbs for a general search, however, would be negligible if searching within a specific emulator/system unless a "master file" was created and updated from all system mdb files.

• 2 weeks later...

Some sort of administrator password feature for certain menu items. I would like a password promt to show up when I select the setup wizard though GameEx. That way, random people can't walk up to my machine and butcher the command lines, theme, and layout of the machine. (or exit GameEx) Also be able to disable it if someone doesn't want to use the feature.

The ability to use more than one background image for emulator groups. So for example emulator 1 has a background and emulator 2 has a background but if we group emulator 1 and emulator 2 and you select a game in the list and it is associated with emulator 2 it needs to display the background for emulator 2 and not emulator 1 for the entire group. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Tom!

Ill check out the user feature and see if that does (essentially) what I was talking about.

SUGGESTION For Karaoke mode, have the menu be able to be set to playing the jukebox instead of the karaoke audio samples, so while im selecting a song from the list I, my "patrons" wont listen to slivers of songs.

Essentially the same as in a Karaoke bar.

Between singers (while the dj selects the next track for the next person) regular jukebox music plays.

Aslo have the Jukebox fade in and out between Karaoke songs.

ANOTHER SUGGESTION

I see how the 3d transition fades between the BGS. Can we have an option where the 2d BGS also fade, instead of the harsh jump cut between screens.

high TSpeirs,

my feature requests belongs only to the theme-editor. it would be nice to have a 3rd image (for 3D cabinets i.e.). the image and image2 should always use centered images, right now this belong only to one image and the other have a left-top-anchor.

also good and essential would be full control of what image and image2 is displaying. so if i choose image2 and say display marquees, then it should only do that and if it cant find one, display nothing instead of title, box etc.

the view where you can only scroll horizontal, should be centered. i mean the box which select stuff should not wander to left or right, it should stay centered and the other stuff is moving... this would look much nicer in my opinion.

the menu item should be sizeable again, like in v1 or v2 themes.

more control over fonts and usage of more fonts.

maybe more fx and some control over them.

i know these are many points, but i am happy, if just one of them find the way in to the theme-editor.

i am fine with all other stuff in GameEx. great frontend and great job done here.

The ability to setup command lines much easier, rather than have a default command line option, GameEx could possibly input a command line for you based on your setup, Im thinking of this because most of my command lines were different to the default

I would propose to add the ability to set a custom background for GameBase systems, like the one that already exists for every other emulator. I have a feeling that GameBase is not so popular here, but shoudn't be too hard to add that option in the Setup Wizard. This way, we could use the already existing C64 or Amiga background images (present in most themes) to customize GameBase. :)

NEW FEATURE/ENHANCEMENT REQUEST:

Have an option to select the desired browser choice via initial setup or Setup Wizard. The program would initially detect the installed browsers on the PC and give the user an opportunity to download/install others not detected, such as Kylo Browser which is designed specifically for HTPC use,is Mozilla-based, and open source.

I just meant I am not sure what the feature request is Alpha.

I would propose to add the ability to set a custom background for GameBase systems, like the one that already exists for every other emulator. I have a feeling that GameBase is not so popular here, but shoudn't be too hard to add that option in the Setup Wizard. This way, we could use the already existing C64 or Amiga background images (present in most themes) to customize GameBase. :)

This, Tom. I hope you would consider this option.

Another post after mine misled my understanding. :) [Why I drink so much? Eheeheheh! :)]

Is it possible to add more images to a theme Tom? Like all themes only have image1 and image2 is it possible to add a feature to add maybe 2 more at best so when making our themes there can be image1 thru image4. Reason why is I want to be able to create a theme that can have a video, box image, cart image and individual game logos displayed all at the same time.

Is it possible to add more images to a theme Tom? Like all themes only have image1 and image2 is it possible to add a feature to add maybe 2 more at best so when making our themes there can be image1 thru image4. Reason why is I want to be able to create a theme that can have a video, box image, cart image and individual game logos displayed all at the same time.

I was thinking the same thing, as ive just started making themes, i would like to have boxart showing aswell when scrolling the rom list

So here's a feature that would be really nice.

We have Karaoke support.

But as far as I can tell there is no microphone support for the Karaoke function in GameEx.

It seems that I'd have to have an external program as a pass through. And the problem with that would be that the mic will allways be ON.

So if Karaoke had mic support in GameEx, it would only work while Karaoke is on.