All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

• 2 weeks later...

Updating emulators automatically on Gameex:

Would it be possible or feasible to add a tool between the gameex configuration tabs that would allow automatic updating of the emulator?
It would work more or less like this. We opened the settings, we went to the tab that showed the installed emulators and clicking a "Check for update" button would the gameex check if for the installed emulators there are newer versions? You can choose whether you want the search done by searching for updates that are not yet stable (those most frequently released by developers). If this tool was implemented until a "check emulators update at startup" option could also be added.
Please tell me? Is this a dream? Totally out of touch? Or something possible? Possible but not viable?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

FEATURE REQUEST FOR ARCADE:

Presently GameEx Arcade starts on the Genres category. This seems counterintuitive since the primary  focus is Arcade, so it makes sense to me to start at Arcade Games, with all of the integrated support for MAME, DAPHNE, AAE, Model 2 & Model 3.

• 1 month later...

FEATURE REQUEST

For both GameEx Arcade and GameEx, have a distinct "Launch Directly to Arcade" option under "Enable/Disable Features" with check box selection of integrated Arcade emulators (i.e. MAME, DAPHNE. AAE, Model2 and 3)  and also other Emulators for non-integrated Arcade options the end-user may setup (i.e. Taito TypeX, various Wnidows compatible arcade packs, etc.).

End result would be GameEx Arcade and GameEx will launch directly to this option with all selections under this enabled feature displayed under this area without separate submenus.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I saw that you had a post over in the BYOAC forums in the RatRefresh topic:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,152919.msg1610005.html#msg1610005

I don't use the RatRefresh utility, but have successfully experimented in the past wtih my own scripts that do a similar thing.   Unfortunately, I ultimately ran into the same thing you (and RataPlan626) did in that these methods don't work from within front ends like GameEx that have control over the display.  When you try, the machine locks up.  You can do it if you mercilessly kill the front end upon game launch, then restart from scratch after game exit--but that's hardly an elegant solution.  So long story short, I gave up trying a long time before the RatRefresh thread.

Anyway, since such scripts (using the ChangeDisplaySettings API) do run fine outside of the front end, it seems like there could be a way for give GameEx a special method to release the display upon a game launch, then reinitialize when the game is existed.  I suspect this would not be simple, but it might be worthwhile to look further into if you ever have the time. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

As suggested by Draco1962, I submit my request!

I think that It will be a great thing if we can sort Mame games by year and company in GameEx Arcade.

Maybe this feature is alredy covered by some Catfiles, but I don't find them.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

Would it be possible to have the Screen Saver/Attract mode scan subfolders for videos to show?

I'm sure many of us use EMUMOVIES and there are cool Advert videos that could be shown but they are all in seperate System Type folders with in the Advert folder.

ie: E:\GameArt\Video_Adrvert\Atari, Nintendo, etc...

Thanks for everything you do

Nelson

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering how realistic of a possibility it would be to have some kind of wrapper or something to launch the Windows 10 xbox app so you could stream  your Xbox One "within" GameEx. I have over 100 games on the Xbox One and being able to have every game I own available within GameEx would be super dope. But again don't know how realistic or stupid of an idea this is. I don't have the service but I'm also curious about the possibility of Playstation Now games within GameEx...

Thanks guys.

• tthurman locked and unlocked this topic
  • 3 months later...

I wish we had kind of a "generate-Bug-report" button in GameEx, that spits some copy-paste text out, that can be used in the forum for further help or assistance. Something that just collect the necessary infos needed. Something that makes this process even easier.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really simple request, could we have an 'All Mame Games' option in the menu editor application that's accessible from the start menu please?

The menu editor is a great tool but I have a flat menu structure setup  where each item on the start menu opens a list of games. Unfortunately the MAME item opens what is effectively a folder if you have everything apart from 'All Mame Games' disabled, So the MAME item opens another screen with 'All Mame Games'.

There is already a 'All Games' item that does nearly that but it includes every emu's games.

Cheers Tom

4 hours ago, mace said:

Really simple request, could we have an 'All Mame Games' option in the menu editor application that's accessible from the start menu please?

The menu editor is a great tool but I have a flat menu structure setup  where each item on the start menu opens a list of games. Unfortunately the MAME item opens what is effectively a folder if you have everything apart from 'All Mame Games' disabled, So the MAME item opens another screen with 'All Mame Games'.

There is already a 'All Games' item that does nearly that but it includes every emu's games.

Cheers Tom

Rats. I *thought* I had managed to solve this by editing the CustomMenu.ini file in the GameEx Config folder but unfortunately that reverted so it still seems to be that if an 'item' is chosen as MAME it behaves like a folder.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone,

My request is simple to explain, maybe not to implemented !  And it's directly related to the existing and very good competition challenge we have here in forum Here

My request is the ability to create challenge and show directly into Gameex menu

Challenge example

- General hi-score by game (kind of default for all game).  I think this already exist !!!

- Hiscore for week-end player

- Hiscore for serious player

- Hiscore challenge with 1 new game each 2 weeks

To keep it simple

- Player are responsable to register to challenge

- Player are responsable to hit a key to create a snapshot

- Player are responsable to enter his score manually (for game that hiscore cannot be capture automaticaly)

- Player could create new challenge and determine a moderator

- Moderator by challenge are responsible to choose games

Note : I know all this already have some kind of plugin...in gameex.

Reason

- That new display of challenge into Gamex will bring life to it, having a sense of community.  Which already having some good good stuff but not this !

- The biggest reason is to compete agains others.  We all love that !

- Because plugin already exist individually, already something to start from

- No other front-end platform have this so far...yep!!! I look arround!  If you found one, please don't post here directly.

That beeing said, new retro console and new high fees by month web site for retro gaming start to integrated that...

Challenge 

- Cheater

- Keep-it simple, not many option, for minimal intervention necessary by moderator.

• 1 month later...

FEATURE REQUEST:

GameEx and Arcade Edition display custom "bezel" to display top and bottom of 9:16 vertical displays around 4:9 or 16:9 landscape background videos.

Image file could be user editable png or jpg format to fit with their theme or could be a default image.

This would work well with "Vertigo" style cabs.

Feature Request:

Would it be possible to have Attract Mode scan the sub folders within the Video folder? Or add Multiple Video Folders?

I'm sure many of us have Video Snaps, Video Adverts and various other Videos we'd love to see in the rotation.

Merci

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

GAMEEX ARCADE EDITION FEATURE REQUEST:

Add wheel selection to main and submenus along with corresponding logo files, when present, to replace the text names along with emulated systems (MAME, DAPHNE, Steam, Atari 8-bit, etc.).