All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

1 hour ago, Rochabian said:

Another one :

Can every menu be "wheelable" when changing view ?

Start view menu and emulator selection menu actually can't have wheeled menu

Same thing for Multimedia & Jukebox

The wheel is really an eye-candy feature :wub:

+1 for this for GameEx Arcade as well. Would be cool to be able to create custom images for these in addition to being wheeled.

• 2 weeks later...

FEATURE REQUEST:

In GameEx and GameEx Arcade, have dedicated background images or videos for Steam, Origin, and Uplay (as steambak, originbak, and uplaybak with corresponding foreground images as well) so that custom backgrounds can be designed and placed in the \GameEx\Themes\YOUR_THEME_NAME\Media folder.  Right now they default to the bak.png or bak.mp4 images/video.

• 4 weeks later...

FEATURE REQUEST FOR GAMEEX and GAMEEX ARCADE:

This is a small one. As you cycle through a list using the wheel view, I noticed that the image of the currently selected item is displayed in back of the image just below it. I would think that the currently selected image should be fully displayed 'on top'.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

FEATURE REQUESTS FOR GAMEEX ARCADE:

1st - Add to the "wheel" or "menu" layer a place to put an arrow image (that can be modified in the theme\media folder) to point to the option for selection that will also disappear when the wheel or menu disappears. While the enlarged text or logo is great, this adds an additional indicator when at a quick glance.

2nd - Allow for game "theme" video (when available) to display in background when on the game menu. At present, the default background video shows when you are in the game level menu. Would keep the appearance consistant. This request is for the integrated system support (MAME, DAPHNE, Steam, etc.) only as the background vVideo Background is available when setting up separate Emulators.

3rd - Display background videos for MAME, Steam, Origin, and other emulators when paging through main menu as well as when in the specific emulators/systems when a game theme video is not available. Again, more polished and consistant appearance.

• 4 weeks later...

FEATURE REQUEST FOR GAMEEX ARCADE: 

Make main menu a wheel just like the MAME and other emulator submenus. Also, in making main menu a wheel, allow for use of logo files to replace text, same as the game menus.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10.10.2017 at 9:52 AM, Tom Speirs said:

Have you checked out the rotation plugin?

Hi Tom, not really as I could not find a documentation for it. There are not too many options but I dont know how to map the script functions to a button.

Edit: found the documentation on the downloads page ;-) seems it uses hardware boards for switching indication - will have a look into it. A mapable key would also be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Wheel Size Adjustment Feature Request

Hi! First feature request: a way to increase the size of the wheel in regular GameEx. The logos are a little small, especially compared to Arcade edition. Seems like maybe its zoomed in or something in AE. Thanks!

you can see what i mean if you look at the wheel in these 2 videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2u0OoziiSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFgZI-uDvho

• 1 month later...

For GameEX Arcade and even GameEX it would be cool if they can incorporate Wheel Sounds like HyperSpin does. These Wheel Sounds HyperSpin uses are 321 different MP3s in a folder.

Every time you arrow up or arrow down on the game listing it plays a random one. It would also be nice if a random one was played when selecting a game or viewing something like flyers, marquee, etc. In GameEX Arcade.

I played a lot of GameEX Arcade last night and it grew repetitive always hearing the same Galaga sound when picking a game.

GameEX already supports and can play the Arcade Ambiance which is nice, but a random cycle of Arcade sounds when pressing keys on the game listing whould make GameEX Arcade even better :)

Wheel Sounds NEW.zip

I really like the completeness and professionalism of GameEx, thanks.

I would like to suggest two things;  One is quicker loading of next screens and games.  I mainly use Arcade Game Ex on my cabinet with Windows 10.  Now, I know I may have an older pc, but when I click on a menu item or a game off the wheel it takes a bit of time to load.  I also use Attractmode and when I click on a game in Attractmode frontend it takes a second to load up.  If there is any way to speed that up that would be nice.  

Also, along the same theme.... Can there (maybe there is and I've missed it) an option to simplify Arcade GameEx even more.  For example.  If I am only using Mame can GameEx open right up to the Mame game wheel (or favorites mame game wheel) and when I click a game on the wheel go straight into the game rather than another menu?  And to pick favorites I could just assign a key combo for that. 

Thanks for all the effort and work.  It's very much appreciated.

Steve

kaptains_arcade_klassics_kaptainsteve1.jpg

GAMEEX / GAMEEX Arcade Enhancement Request:

For GameEx Arcade - Disable Play Ambiance setting does not stay disabled when an update is installed. 

For both GameEx and GameEx Arcade - Add volume setting slider for Play Ambiance. 

The only reason I disable it is that it tends to be rather loud at normal volume. If there are game videos also playing as part of a theme video or game preview/video snap, it can be a bit overwhelming. Ambiance should be in the background and not in your face.

42 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

GAMEEX / GAMEEX Arcade Enhancement Request:

For both GameEx and GameEx Arcade - Add volume setting slider for Play Ambiance. 

The only reason I disable it is that it tends to be rather loud at normal volume. If there are game videos also playing as part of a theme video or game preview/video snap, it can be a bit overwhelming. Ambiance should be in the background and not in your face.

You could do this via GEmvoy:

ambience.png

You can also choose which pages it plays on..

On 12/17/2017 at 9:17 AM, mamemaniac said:

Can we have a fix to emulator selection with Daphne and other emus on the Gameex Arcade mode wizard?

+1 to this and any other integrated support emulators (i.e., MAME, DAPHNE, Steam, EA, Origin) that do not normally occupy the standard Emulator slots.

• 3 weeks later...

CHANGE REQUEST:  In the Video links section of the HTPC/Multimedia Settings section of the GameEx Setup WIzard , the Codecs link points to http://shark007.net/ instead of the LAV codecs which have been recommended for quite some time. Also, NetFlix is also listed as a feature which is no longer available.

• 2 weeks later...

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST - GAMEEX ARCADE

Since we have the Draconis Theme for GameEx Arcade, why not add a section in the Setup Wizard where the player can select a theme? Enough people appear to be interested in other theme choices (even if there is only one at the moment).

• 1 month later...

Good night people.
As the title of this post has already suggested, I wonder if there is any possibility of adding in the future a tool that gives us the possibility to play the games of our emulators online through the gameex interface?
It is possible? Or is it not possible !? Would such a project have any foresight to appear? OR would not have any prediction! ??

Whatever you can tell me about it I would be very grateful.

In GameEx I would like to request the ability to disable the horizontal menu ("By Category, By Manufacturer", etc.) on an emulator-specific basis.  I like this menu in my MAME lists, but the menu selections don't do anything in my console lists, so it doesn't make any sense to display them.  I can get rid of the menu altogether in Simple Mode or Fix to Emulator mode--but I don't want to get rid of it for everything, just select emulators.  I would imagine this being a new option in the Advanced Emulator settings.

Edited by Gildahl