All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

On 9/28/2016 at 0:38 PM, Rochabian said:

Another one : Could the game list fade out or blend when inactive to be able to view more of the background of the selected game ?

+1 I second this, would be a nice feature for video backgrounds, having foreground objects fade into partial translucence allowing easier viewing of background snaps. Maybe an option to set the timeout to say 3 or 5 seconds.

Would like an API or maybe even a wrapper which could be used to get details about the settings  (similar like LEDBlinky but with more versatility) so that it would be possible to get let's say which keys are set what current score or similar info. would open up quite a lot of new possibility esp for those who want to utilize a bit more modern tech like addressable LED strips or additional screen via custom hardware.

P.S. great feature in EVO, which no other FE would have

FEATURE REQUEST: Enabling game ICONS for non-MAME emulators

Currently, there exists a feature for showing up small icons besides a game's name in MAME menus. It would be very nice if the same feature existed for any emulated system, and not just MAME. An entry for defining the path for your icons files would be needed in the emulator setup view in Setup Wizard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would it be possible to do something similar to what one can achieve with HLSL or GLSL shaders within GameEx? I'm not sure that it's possible, or that it may be easier to pull off on Evolution, but I was playing SF III today and got to thinking it would be cool if the GameEx UI had the same look as the games. Just throwing that out there as food for thought.

I see the artwork download process has been further automated. What would be super-duper would be some way to specify where auto-downloaded artwork is stored. At the moment it downloads to GameEx>Media>Downloaded artwork, but some (including me) may have a very small system drive (SSD) and thus may not want it in this location. 

What would be really handy would be to be able to specify the root of the artwork folders (BOX, LOGO, SNAP etc) on a per-emulator basis. That way, you could also accommodated varying users' methods of organising artwork/assets. 

Could you just put a "Emulator/System Assets Root" option under the emulator setup. The bonus of this would also be that you could auto-populate the common assets folders form this (snap, title etc)...

Guess this one's really @Tom Speirs as it seems you're the man on this side of things, fella...

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:41 PM, stigzler said:

I see the artwork download process has been further automated. What would be super-duper would be some way to specify where auto-downloaded artwork is stored. At the moment it downloads to GameEx>Media>Downloaded artwork, but some (including me) may have a very small system drive (SSD) and thus may not want it in this location. 

What would be really handy would be to be able to specify the root of the artwork folders (BOX, LOGO, SNAP etc) on a per-emulator basis. That way, you could also accommodated varying users' methods of organising artwork/assets. 

Could you just put a "Emulator/System Assets Root" option under the emulator setup. The bonus of this would also be that you could auto-populate the common assets folders form this (snap, title etc)...

Guess this one's really @Tom Speirs as it seems you're the man on this side of things, fella...

Just so you know Evo does exactly that. Shouldn't be too long now.

Another Suggestion :

Can the PC Windows Game Database be crossed with the Steam Database.

So for example if i have HItman non-steam set up, it searches for Hitman in the steam database to downwload screens / artwork ?

Because there are a few PC Game Artwork In Emumovies....

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to the Advanced Emulator Setup screen to "Disable Horizontal Menu".  In some game lists this menu has no practical value.  I'd love to be able to turn it off in those cases.

A similar request was also made here...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I tried this and NO GO. I will continue to troubleshoot with an install of the regular GameEx. So i installed regular version and on Input Settings there is a Trackball Support which i clicked yes and violla! now it's working great. I really like the layout of the Arcade Version, is there anyway to get that setting in that version? otherwise i will stay with the regular version. Thanks for all you support.

• 4 weeks later...

GameEx Arcade Feature Request - In keeping with the new video themes and wheel logos that make GameEx Arcade pop, my suggestion is two-fold:

First - enable video themes at the Main Menu level so that users can use the Platform Unified videos offered on EmuMovies.

Second - enable wheel logos for the Main Menu selections in place of the text (and possibly the Genre submenu as well).

On 3/27/2017 at 7:48 PM, Draco1962 said:

GameEx Arcade Feature Request - In keeping with the new video themes and wheel logos that make GameEx Arcade pop, my suggestion is two-fold:

First - enable video themes at the Main Menu level so that users can use the Platform Unified videos offered on EmuMovies.

Second - enable wheel logos for the Main Menu selections in place of the text (and possibly the Genre submenu as well).

Here is a sample video using the MAME video from the platform unified themes on EmuMovies by renaming to bak.mp4. Would be cool to be able to leverage these theme videos to change as one advances and Laser Disc games displays Daphne theme in the background, or Model 2 or 3, Neo-Geo, Atari, or any emulated system added.

GameEx/GameEx Arcade Feature Request - expand online game services options adding in the Setup Wizard a Logos path so that when Steam, Uplay, or Origin services are accessed, GameEx/GameEx Arcade will check the Logos path first and display the user's selected game logo over that of the one scraped from the respective online service.

Suggestions for the Setup Wizard:

• On the inital page of the Setup Wizard, indicate if the wizard is for GameEx Arcade, GameEx, or GameEx Evolution. Also include the GameEx version (it will make it easier for users to determine what version they are running). EDIT: OK, I see that GameEx name is on the screen. Maybe it could be made to be more noticable.  :)
  • Change the sidebar colors of the panel in the Setup Wizard for the different versions (GameEx Arcade, GameEx, or GameEx Evolution). Again, it makes it easier for people trying multiple flavors to tell which they are working on.
  • Like 1

Somewhere between GameEx 14.70 and 14.76 (most likely in the 14.74 update) the game description in the game information screen was moved from being near the top of the screen (and visible to users when they first entered the screen), to being at the very bottom and beneath all the lists like Games in Series, Recommended Games, and Other Systems.  I've been using GameEx for at least the last five years and really like the description where it was.  So my request is to either have the description moved back up to the top, or for an option to be added to customize the display order of these things.

See the following thread for more information, screenshots, configuration files, and logs.

• Like 1

Hi all!!

My request is to make the Xbox guide button pressing time optional and not 5 seconds fixed.

For me 5 seconds is too long for this feature.

This could be very useful if you can customize pressing time to enter in-game menu.

Thanks in advance!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

i'd like to have a way to change the mame categories lists or add more categories. For example instead of the NEO-GEO, ATARI, CHD and golden era lists the simple genre.ini from progettosnaps support would be awesome.

If it's already possible please someone tell me how.

1 hour ago, morgoth32 said:

Hello,

i'd like to have a way to change the mame categories lists or add more categories. For example instead of the NEO-GEO, ATARI, CHD and golden era lists the simple genre.ini from progettosnaps support would be awesome.

If it's already possible please someone tell me how.

Hey Morgoth32. Just wanted to know that you can edit the names for Mame categories right now. If you go to the Text/Language page in the Setup Wizard, you will see all sorts of parameters there.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to get windowed view for GX Arcade Edition?

I want to use it on my Pincab but I must reduce the height of it on my vertical display and the only way I know to do it is with windowed mode. If there is another way I can resize it or also in Gameex with out using windowed, that would be helpful too.

Thanks for the hard work. Its very appreciated. :)

Hi!

I would use videos themes with regular gameex and be able to set two or more videos directories, like in Gameex arcade

So if no video theme is found in directory 1,, then gameex check the directory 2 for video snap.

Thanks!

Another one :

Can every menu be "wheelable" when changing view ?

Start view menu and emulator selection menu actually can't have wheeled menu

Same thing for Multimedia & Jukebox

The wheel is really an eye-candy feature :wub: