All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I would like to use my own music album art for jukebox because it doesn't show up correctly rt now

How do I embed null?

Generally if you're purchasing MP3s from a distributor, the ID3 tags will already be there with artwork. If you're building your own you can use something like Mp3Tag (which is what I use) or MediaMonkey (which is also good, but goes far beyond simple tag editing) to edit them yourself.

Careful though! Once you start doing this you'll inevitably have the compulsion to clean up your entire music library! ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a great suggestion! :-)

I have lots of Steam games I remove from the list due to wonky titles.

• 3 weeks later...

I came around with this problem when setting up the screen saver with weather, time and pictures

I noticed my current theme "Darkness" is not lining up the time and weather when the screen saver kicks in

Some ideas...

Have a check box to select a black screen ( or any colour you want with a colour selector) when the screen saver kicks in

or

have a browse button to select an image you want to have when the screen saver starts up and have check boxs on some features on how you want the screen saver to appear like fade in.

or

in the drop down or check box that you start up with pictures right away instead of showing the information and have a check box if you want to display the weather, time (digital) or time (clock) during the screen saver

or

when displaying the main info screen saver (weather, time) have it that you can select multiple images depending on the weather outside.

Just throwing some ideas... some might be easy to add.

To expand on Black Mage's suggestion, ability to filter apps (to remove non games, demos, media, etc.) and use DB names via Integrated Steam. See this thread in the General forum. Also attaching list from current Steam DB page and .csv extract from same.

Steam_AppID_List.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Have the log.txt file capture whether or not the GameEx is set to Run as Administrator or not and if Shark007 codec pack (and version) is installed. Very frequently, we have to troubleshoot issues that come down to the permissions or codecs issues.

I'm reposting this request from the main forums...

I think the new ratings features is a great idea...however, it is my understanding that GameEx only displays the averaged crowd rating in game's description and not one's own ratings (you can pick your own rating, but it doesn't actually display it anywhere). By contrast, in the web interface, one can both choose their own rating and see it.

The "killer" feature that I've been long waiting for in GameEx is to be able to rate games and filter lists by these ratings. In particular, this would finally solve the issue of managing large console lists. You are soooo close right now. Please consider it!

• Like 4

I'm reposting this request from the main forums...

I think the new ratings features is a great idea...however, it is my understanding that GameEx only displays the averaged crowd rating in game's description and not one's own ratings (you can pick your own rating, but it doesn't actually display it anywhere). By contrast, in the web interface, one can both choose their own rating and see it.

The "killer" feature that I've been long waiting for in GameEx is to be able to rate games and filter lists by these ratings. In particular, this would finally solve the issue of managing large console lists. You are soooo close right now. Please consider it!

I have to agree with this -"Personal, or Localised Ratings" could really be a game changer, especially if a local DB could maximise on it, like ratings, ratings by system, genre, platform etc.

• 2 weeks later...

If you choose to have trackball support by saying so in the setupmanager when using a Trackball moving the trackball to the right, the list or selector goes down and when moving to the left it goes up. This is bad when you don't use a list and instead use thumbnails of your games that are in rows and columns.

This had to be changed to going left when moving left and right when moving right so you can actually use the trackball inside game ex to maneuver and then select a game you like. It renders the trackball useless or lets say very annoying to use because after scrolling fast to a row with a game you like to play or take a look at you then have to use the stick to get the selector on it.

When using up it moves the List or selector up and down down, that's fine but please change left to going left and right to right. Everyone with a trackball will appreciate this.

Thanks for GameEx - kinda changed my life!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

For the Gamebase users actually Gameex will only play music files in SID or either mp3 format. Each gamebase pack comes with a dedicated music player which will play music files for a specific system.

From the time being a music player is correctly set up in Gamebase it would be nice to have Gameex launching the dedicated music player set up for each Gamebase pack and so the user can listen to the music tune of a game on the fly. :P

Thanks

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Reposting this from http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/16913-default-view-image-prioritisation/

It would be great if we could configure the order of images selected to be used as the background/foreground snaps. For example, I would rather it chose box art as the preferred background image for each game, if I have title snaps though then it prefers that. As I have title snaps for some systems but not others I have an inconsistent setup.

Even more ideally, it would be great if it could try it's best to find any image to use (ie. try to find box, if not then try to find title, if not then try to find a background, failing that try to find a custom image).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - Just thought (not sure if anyone has already suggested it or not)...

We currently have a feature to update our Last played game so there is some communication going on between GameEx and the forum... how about we have a feature where we can sync out gameex.ini files so that we all don't need to keep posting it every time we ask a question, this would also help those keen to help the community as the neccessary (or certainly) core file will be there available for review.

Cheers

Dal

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe some of this stuff is already slated for Evo, but I'll throw it out there....

1. More granular control of which images are displayed in themes (currently preview image #2 is chosen for you by GameEx and no way to specify if it should be a marquee, sideart, PCB, etc)
  2. Customizable control panel preview that shows before running a game.
  3. Option to keep control panel preview visible on a second monitor while playing
  4. More control over which image is displayed by GameExtender (i.e., ability to multi-select between different image assets, and these would rotate)
  5. Online automated high score boards to compete with other GameEx Online members
  6. Ability to remap controls for a game/emulator (i.e. using IPAC2/4 internal memory) inside the GameEx interface.
  7. Quick shortcut to boot into Steam Big Picture without choosing a specific game (and GameEx logs into Steam for you, like it does when launching a game). This would help when you wanted to install a new game you just bought.
  8. Updated Netflix capability that's somehow able to run the Windows 8 / 10 Netflix app.
  9. Ability to select a game in the interface, and tell GameEx to use a different clone than the one currently being used.
  10. Update just your custom game lists without having to scan the entire game library.
  11. Menu item in the interface to immediately start attract mode

Yer dont ask for much, brad, huh? ;)

on a few:

2. Headkaze is working on an integrated cp display for evo. In the mean time, I believe you already know about my frankenstein of an app that can do this...https://cpwizbiz.codeplex.com/

3. As latter, above. You can also achieve this for MAME with CPWizard. Its in the settings...

4. Check out the MarqueeMasher plugin, again knocked together by me, sorry - not hideously self promoting, but trying to help with solutions. This doesn't rotate though, although shouldn't be too hard to code. http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17017-plugin-marquee-masher/

11. This already exists - someone pointed it out to me recently. Think it's in Other Programs and Features or something. You also have to enable it in GE settings. Do a forums search.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I really need to find some time to check stig's apps that he coded... Thanks!

Re: Netflix.... I wonder if it'd be possible to launch the *official* Netflix app, but maybe map the IPAC controls to work with hotkeys for that app (if they exist). That might bypass the lack of an API.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back to the emulators scene after a few years break, and I just got familiar with the software lists romset. Or what is also known as the mess romset.

I think it's a great idea, but I find support to this list lacking in both GameEx and Hyperspin.

With all the hash files we have, it would be nice to have support for the mess games list built into GameEx the same way MAME is done. I have seen this asked once or twice yesterday when I was looking on the forums for information about this. I happen to have downloaded the full 0.168 software list (still need the chds), wanted to see if I would like this, and I do. So I will likely be getting the chds as well, and replace all my roms with this.

Is there any script or modification that could be done to GameEx that would configure the artwork downloader to fetch the correct artwork and name it after the mess romset?

As it is now, I have ran the emumovies tool on the a2600 (atari 2600) list and it did get all the artwork for the one word titles. Like Airlock, Amidar, etc... and the tool name the downloaded file after the rom names, so it would require little work to make this happen.... the magic is already there in the map file I generated with a python script I found in these forums. I run the python script against the hash files, and I end up with a map file for GameEx. If the artwork downloader could detect the mess romset, and use the map files to download the artwork... I think it could be made to integrate in GameEx rather easily.

At the moment, the only thing getting in the way of this romset to pick up popularity, is likely because of the artwork headaches that goes along with it. Since there is no artwork package yet for this... but if GameEx could download the artworks for this romset by itself with the help of the map files.. it would be quite an interesting feature.

I hope that GameEx end up reading these hash files directly to use all the information contained inside.

A fullly featured MESS games list like the MAME one, with all the systems automatically detected and sorted, with the ability to sort clones, enable/disable individually, etc... as it is, the merge option in advanced emu setup does nothing for these.

I have setup the a2600 folder with the map file, and merge doesn't seem to work.

If I can lend a hand, I sure would. I don't have much coding skill, but I do have some spare time.. let me know if I can be of any help making this happen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The new Repository Manager is quite slow to load - thinking it's because the "All" filter is selected by default and has to load everything off the bat. Makes configuring plugins a bit of a faff. Any chance of speeding it up by maybe choosing a different filter on boot?

Cheers

To be fair, it's only about 3-5 seconds on my machine, but I think it's probably the Webservice response slowing it down which probably doesn't offer much that can be done.