All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Graphic and Theme Editing

Loving all these logos. Everyone is doing excellent work. Can a logo be showed in the game list panel box. For instance kaceytayclare is working on all the system sets. It would be awesome if, as you scroll thru your system list, the video plays on the side and you could place the logo in the game list. As you scroll systems the video changes and the logo changes in the list box. As you scroll the game lis,t the video changes, the box etc changes and the logo in the list box changes to match the game. If this would work we could actually make logos for each game. Or maybe down the line, we could play the videos from Emumovies in the listbox. I know you can put an image in the box (don't know how) I've seen it in several of our users videos.It may need to be hardwired and can't be changed.

Two things would have to be done to accomplish this, Starbuck. First, you would have to rename the logos to match the ROM names and place them in the snaps folder (replacing the static snaps already there) and then click on the Change View option in the menu bar until it displays snaps (will appear in a grid view). Someone might want to test this to be certain.

Actually I do this now. I put the Logos in one of the custom art folders if available and rename them as the games. Don't like the grid view. I've seen videos from Adultry's megamame theme and he has a picture behind his game list. Don't believe that it changes by game. Wondering how he does this and is there a way to change it per game.

Thanks for your input Draco

• 5 months later...

I came across this article on Lifehacker titled "How to build your own Adobe Creative Suite" that I thought might be a good read for those wanting to create themes or logo packs but, like me, not able or wanting to spend big bucks for Adobe products.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello, I just found out about the GameEx frontend a couple of days ago and I've been trying to make my own theme but I'm finding the process to be quite unintuitive.

Just had a question for the pros over here, I was wondering if making a theme like this would be possible with the GameEx software. This is the NesicaxLive frontend for their arcade machines. http://nesica.net/

Basically, what I'd like to know is how to make the game list like it is in this picture. Launching games by selecting a marquee image. Thanks for reading. BTW, these would be PC games.

1212yxz.jpg