All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Graphic and Theme Editing

I don't call it stealing... I call it re-imaging. :)

I'd be happy to whip you up a template for whatever controllers you use Drac, you've done so much for us already. :)

Say the word and I will! :D

You want me to use any particular background? I'll have to see if I can find or produce some good buttons. :)

Theyre mostly the same except the black and white buttons, so it shouldn't be too hard. :)

I guess I've misunderstood what GameExtender is... I thought it was simply a second copy of what was on the screen, but on another computer via ethernet??? Evidently, I was completely wrong. I thought people were using CPWizard to use a second monitor... I guess I've been tweaking my theme so long that I haven't had time to set up most of the other things.

CPWizard works on the 2nd monitor too. You don't have to be hooked up to the net for GameExtender. It uses an internal connection. My 2nd monitor is hooked up to the 2nd DVI port on my video card.

You can access GameExtender throught the ethernet (even internet) too, but you don't have to. :)

There's a field in each emulator to set up what you want the 2nd monitor to display. I use the static image I posted above, but since I don't have my cpwizard set up yet I have MAME pointed to title screens for the game that's playing (except for games that use 2 screens... Punch-Out!!! and Mega Play/PC10 which I run a different MAME command line for (-numscreens 2)).

It's totally easy to do unless I just misunderstood what you meant. The ethernet part kicks in when you don't enable Display On Secondary in the GameExtender settings.

That's just a really great idea. I'd definately go that route if I even build my own cab. With your advanced functions though, I can really see the advantages of having it on a 2nd screen that's always on for easy reference.

I might have to go buy an Xbox360->PC Cable, or a wired controller (probably cheaper) just to use that layout setup. While my controller is nice, It doesn't exactly have colored buttons, they're just numbered. And they're not even number in an easily rememberable way:

1 2 5

3 4 6

Plus, the red "Shift" button is actually more like a 'switch' in that you don't hold it down and then get another set of buttons, you press it, and they toggle to their next set. So if you DO switch it, you have to remember to switch it back for it to work (too much hassle for me). I'll probably end up getting myself a copy of Xpadder before it's all said and done. Everything just works ok for me. It could be better, but it's good enough.

Just thought I would share a little something I created, starting with a tutorial I found here. Took me roughly 20 - 30 mins to flesh out the details I wanted. Behold.. Planet GIMP!

Also toyed with adding some TIE fighters... obviously will need to work on how to add motion effects, phaser cannon fire, etc.

post-5872-0-74103000-1316998919_thumb.pn

Just a little teaser about my next theme... It is actually something that has been on/off and in the works for a while. Since it is something that I have enjoyed for many years since my teens, I have wanted to take time to make it just right. Other themes have felt forced at times to get to completion. This one will be ready when it is ready.

post-5872-0-60486800-1317142069_thumb.pn

Just a taste of the new theme I'm working on...

No emubaks or anything (I'll probably make a few just for the emus on my cab... I have a tasty idea for them. I'll post an example later).

I guess I made this to match my cab and controller layouts. It'll probably be forever before I finally finish up. Not like I can enter my own contest anyways! LOL!

I am really liking your theme! It is very clean, simple, colorful without being gaudy. The reverse bevel on the image windows and list window is a nice touch - adds a little dimension to what would otherwise be a flat surface. The headers and footers look great as well!

Thanks Drac! I figured someone needed to give you a run for your money besides Krak! LOL!

My favorite look right now is the dialog boxes:

As they should. Keeps people happy, right? :)

It's really too bad that theres not more people putting stuff out. I mean we can't all be Drac, but it would be nice to see more people interested. The contest is starting out awfully slow.

A bit deeper now...

I really like how the headers look. It's enough to make me go back and redo all the pages I already did. :)