1 Screenshot

About This File

The PinballX frontend.

Latest version.

Full install.

Note: You will need to create an account to download this file if you are not already a member.

What's New in Version 2.31   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

21 people like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

romeot089

5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Hi,

I try to configure This last version of PinballX and last version of Pinball Arcade from steam: nothing really works.

PinballX launch PA but it is not able to select the right table.

What are the steps I forget? I try long and very long...nothing better

Thanks

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
sigma415

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

What are the changes in 2.27 ?

Subforum" PinballX - News and Updates" also does not know 2.27 ....

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
PHILI50

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

its good but cannot get pinball arcade dx11 to work please help lastest v2 cheers all . thank you

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
rabbitor

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Switched to PinballX a while back I like the fact that you keep this Frontend updated and fresh best Frontend hands down! Keep up the great work!!!

3 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
UncleSash

Best Pinball frontend for me!

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
Cab System

Hello

On each PinballArcade update, I have to change the grid number in pinballarcade.xml to work on pinballx. Is there any way to call "my tables" instead of "all tables"?

thanks

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
stevenbunby

its good but cannot get pinball arcade dx11 to work please help lastest v2 cheers all

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
marksmith34@att.net

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Same here with the update error. running v2.28

Share this review

Link to review
mamemad

great  universal front end database gives some issues but nothing unsolvable

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
cj2

I uploaded the PINBALLXSETUP zip file to virustotal.com and it indicated there was adware in the file.

Antivirus                         Result                                                     Update
TrendMicro-HouseCall  PAK_Generic.005                                    20161119
Zillya                              Adware.OpenCandyCRTD.Win32.1128  20161118

As the result was 2 out to 56, I'm presuming it was a false positive.  Anyone had any issues with the current download?

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Jeff Giovani

Eu adoro pinball vou tentar instalar e rodar algumas mesas... abraço a todos se precisar peço ajuda ! Se bem que nem sei por onde começar... kkkk

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
MelissaRay

15 of 16 members found this review helpful 15 / 16 members

Hi there, just installed this new version 2.28 and am getting a dialog box stating I need to update to a newer version?.....is there a newer version than 2.28?...any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  ....I had no problems with the previous version and think this frontend is incredible!!!....just need get it to work!... :):) 

7 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
Bryzee73

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

I like PinballX, but I have a problem with the new version:  When I load it, it loads and says there are no tables.  This is strange because after configuring everything in game mgr, it worked exactly one time and that was it.  Also, I couldn't get any tables to show up on the front end until I deleted the sample ones.  I did that by going into databases and deleting the file "Visual Pinball".  My file is called "VP9 Tables".  When I launch from game mgr, the tables load.  Just not from Pinball X.exe.    So then I completely deleted Pinball X and did a fresh install.  This brought the same problems back, only now GameX online wouldn't work because my password would not save in the settings.   Conclusion:  This version is very, very buggy.  Is there a way I can download a legacy version?  I really need to get my cabinet working & I don't have time for this.  The previous versions worked great.

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
Tom Speirs

3 of 4 members found this review helpful 3 / 4 members

Test review

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
electrico343

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

It doesn't work 

Share this review

Link to review
Smoke.007

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

See Comments tab for Version Expired workaround/fix if you are already running the newest version of PinballX.

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
em2research

Was having problems with this version 2.29  - getting error message expired. Solution was to add 3 lines at the end in the PBX config file. Worked perfectly.

[Partner]

DontDisplayUpdateMessage=True
Code=VpCabs1012

Once the error message was corrected and able to launch the program everything worked better than expected. Very intuitive, easy to setup game manager, w/ playfield images, wheel images etc. Also "settings .exe" is very easy to setup - just go through the various steps and pay care full attention to "working paths and "table paths". ( Currently using to manage FP tables)

Once everything is configured properly, launch PBX and you will be surprised how fast your tables load and unload. Can't get any better or easier than this Great Front End.

I highly recommend!

Thanks

Share this review

Link to review
mfuegemann

Hi,

today I was annoyed again by the error message, preventing me from playing my pinball tables. A big "Thank You" again for this.
Why on earth is it not possible to change the error to a mere message or omit it at all on a cabinet?

A change log would be nice too, just to justify the need to update.

Michael

Share this review

Link to review
draziw

· Edited by draziw

Having problems with this version has expired, I've have the newest 2.29 installed. I went to install a few more boards on my cabinet build after being away for 8 days and got the msg that this version had expired. I had installed the newest version, 2.29 because I got the same msg with the previous version, which I think it was 2.28. As it stands now I'm unable to use PBX to play any of the tables. And am curious why there's a need for the program to expire? I do like this front end and the program Game Manager thats with it. It makes my life so much easier then using HyperPin. Now all I need to do is get my Pin2DMD setup to work? I was wondering, has anyone gotten P2D to work and if so how?

An update to the Version expiring part, I found two solutions, one was blocking the program via Widows Firewall and all the things needed to do this or the easiest and the best solution was to add 3 lines at the end in the PBX config file. Worked perfectly.

[Partner]

DontDisplayUpdateMessage=True
Code=VpCabs1012

Share this review

Link to review
jpj

Very reactive !!!! Thank you for your beautiful work !!!! ;););) 

Share this review

Link to review
jimmay3

· Edited by jimmay3

Something is wrong with v2.28 or the server that checks the current version on startup, keeps failing with a message to update to latest ver, but this is the latest, only workaround that works is run it up with Ethernet cable disconnected...  I see lots having trouble on several forum websites, some came up with an .ini file fix, but no work for me and others. 

***UPDATE***

Was just notified that version 2.29 was released to fix the need to update version error/popup message...

Share this review

Link to review
two_warps

Same problem as Melissa......Installed the download above, yet still getting the "expired" box.  Help!

Share this review

Link to review
naboodiver

Same as everyone below.... Getting dialog message that 2.28 version expired...  will not start.

Share this review

Link to review
Numiah2

· Edited by Numiah2

Of course it's an amazing, if not the best, front end and a joy to work with.
I really dislike the "Update now or you can't use me" feature.
Why force me to fix something that isn't broken on my end? I understand updates can be useful for some, but I'd rather choose myself.

But heck, it's free of charge and we all should be grateful it still is!

Edit : I was aiming to hand out 4 stars, but clicked wrong. Oops. 4 stars it is!

Share this review

Link to review
MCB4U2C

Same as the person below me.  I love Pinballx. But it would not load,said I needed to update,after updating it says I need to update again. Whats up ? No changelog ? Did anything Change ? Turn off your internet person below me and it will load no problem. Any suggestions what went wrong ? I have updated before with no problems.

Share this review

Link to review