About This File
This is an automated disc mounting program specifically geared towards changing disc images in multi-disc games. Essentially this program is intended to be a universal replacement for ad hoc scripts used to automate disc switching for multi-disc games. My intent is that this program will be compatible with any emulator in which it's possible to switch discs for multi-disc games via keyboard shortcuts and/or command line directives.
Please visit the official Release Thread for further details, screenshots, and the complete change log, as well as for bug reporting and feature requests.
- Full featured command line interface
- Runs as a resident application in the system tray
- Full compatibility with GameEx (it should be launched/exited as a 'Launch Before/After' command)
- Disc switching through a heads up GUI display or through full automation using no GUI (automatically switches to next disc)
- Robust configuration application
- Configurable for multiple monitors
- Configuration stored as XML
- Full logging utilities
How do I use it?
- Configure emulators and multi-disc sets through the configuration application
- Configure necessary Launch Before and Launch After commands in GameEx
- Trigger SwitchDisc while playing an emulator using configurable trigger key
- Select the next disc in the set using the GUI, or automatically switch to the next disc in the set (no GUI)
- Continue playing
First of all, thanks for using this application! If you encounter any errors while using SwitchDisc or are simply looking for some guidance with the application, please feel free to post in the project thread. In order to expedite any troubleshooting or requests for assistance, please include the following files when reporting issues:
SwitchDisc config: ...\SwitchDisc\config\SwitchDisc.xml
Switch Disc log: ...\SwitchDisc\log\SwitchDisc.log
What's new in version 1.0.4 (See full change log)
- Added automated mouse functionality as part of send key operations. Mouse operations can be mapped via the Send Keys Builder.
- Improvements to the automated open file dialog special operation.
- Incorporated updates to ePSXe compatibility. This update adds a special operation specifically designed to send the ESC key to ePSXe. This operation can be mapped via the Send Keys Builder.
- Placeholder strings will now allow for [ROMFILE], [ROMNAME], and [ROMPATH] to be used in place of [DISCFILE], [DISCNAME], and [DISCPATH] respectively.
- Enhanced logging information
- Bug Fix: The combination of a valid emulator specified with an invalid disc file will no longer trigger an exception. SwitchDisc will load the entire configuration under this circumstance
- Bug Fix: Fixed a Configurator issue which was preventing the removal of send key slots under certain circumstances