All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MNGer - MNG media player 3.01

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

MNGer is media player for MNG and APNG videos/animations.

It associates MNG files with the player upon setup, and is a very quick, nice easy way to play MNG videos, and also plays supporting audio files (MP3, M4A, OGG, WAV, AIF) if available

Its simple to setup, configure and simple to use, and works just like any basic Media Player.

After setup either launch the application, or just double click on a MNG file to play.

Usage:

Launch application and select MNG/APNG
Drag and drop MNG/APNG file
Open a MNG in Windows Explorer
Open from the command line
'-fullscreen' plays the MNG/APNG full screen and exits when MNG is complete
'-fixaspect' attempts to detect video orientation and fix the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 3:4
'-hidemouse' hides the mouse pointer
e.g. mnger.exe c:\mame\snap\1942.mng -fullscreen -fixaspect

For anyone interested MNG is an open source / open license image animation format developed by the same people that developed the PNG image format. It was meant to replace the CompuServe GIF image format that at the time had some people worried about its licensing and is limited to 8 bit color. Time has gone by, MNG never became mainstream along with APNG and GIF is still well alive.

What's New in Version 3.01   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback