All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Kodi v17.3+ "Krypton" GameEx Add-On

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Launch GameEx from Kodi with this simple add-on.

Select Add-Ons - Install from Zip file within Kodi.

User Feedback

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Tom Speirs

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

In response to @kesoex

Thanks for posting the review. Appreciate it.

Your right there is no configuration option to change the path to GameEx right now although I just wanted to post a workaround for folks who don't mind getting their hands a little dirty.

1. Paste the following into the explorer address bar or run (hold down windows key then r).
%appdata%\Kodi\addons\script.games.gameex\resources\__init__.pyo

2. Choose to associate and open with notepad if it does not open in your text editor.

2. Use Edit Menu > Replace and replace C:\gameex with your alternate gameex locatation such as c:\gameex arcade edition

3. Save the file and close notepad.

4. Paste the following into the explorer address bar or run (hold down windows key then r).
%appdata%\Kodi\addons\script.games.gameex\resources\__init__.py

5. Same as step 2 but use two slashes. so C:\\gameex -> c:\\gameex arcade edition

6. Save the file and close notepad.

7. Enjoy!

• Like 1
Link to review
kesoex

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Works as advertised - launches GameEx from with in the Kodi app - awesome :D

Requires GameEx to be installed in c:\gameex

Would be nice to have an option in the plugin configuration to select the GameEX.exe location, or install it if missing

Link to review