All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Arcade Edition 18.63

(15 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

GameEx Arcade Edition is a derivative version of GameEx that is optimized for arcade controls, arcade machines, and HTPC systems where only gaming is wanted. It was originally designed for arcade game setups only but also supports any emulation system.

It is lighter, has cosmetic improvements and supports the new EmuMovies video themes.

It supports MAME, arcade systems, all other systems and has the following feature differences over the normal GameEx version.

• Supports video themes.
  • Less code. Lighter. Less options.
  • Optimized cosmetics for TV and arcade displays.
  • Good support for low resolutions (640 x 480) out of the box.
  • Does not look like windows. Does look a little like HyperSpin.

The video themes and all the content is available at EmuMovies and an automatic downloader is included with the front end.

Don't forget that GameEx subscribers get a 25% discount on an EmuMovies subscription.

Alternatively, subscribing users can use the MAME system pack:

What's New in Version 18.63   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

How did I miss this?  I love GameEx...do not get me wrong but always thought there was too much stuff I was not using.  I'll have to give this a whirl for my cabinet!  Thanks...Tom!

I will miss my "Time Machine" Theme...though :(

I have been thoroughly enjoying this arcade edition since I started using it a few months ago.

Thanks for all that you all do.

Ok so I've got everything up and running and became a lifetime member both here and on emumovies. I installed the MAME system pack and gameex arcade for starters. I'm totally new to this and have now spent hours and hours searching and trying to find the video theme you guys used in the videos above, with no luck. Am I missing something? does this theme have a name? I feel like I'm so close, yet so far, any help would really be appreciated.

12 hours ago, DaveStruve said:

Ok so I've got everything up and running and became a lifetime member both here and on emumovies. I installed the MAME system pack and gameex arcade for starters. I'm totally new to this and have now spent hours and hours searching and trying to find the video theme you guys used in the videos above, with no luck. Am I missing something? does this theme have a name? I feel like I'm so close, yet so far, any help would really be appreciated.

They are simply titled Video_Themes_MP4. You can get them in four ways:

1. From the EmuMovies FTP
2. From the EmuMovies Sync utility.
3. Let GameEx download them automatically in the background.
4. Launch the GameEx artwork downloader shortcut.

For the latter two enter your emumovies credentials in the setup wizard.

Thanks Tom, i finally figured it out this morning. I had assumed those backgrounds were some sort of layered graphic, it finally clicked that those were actually videos.

Hi guys, I had to setup my arcade a second time....  from scratch... Don't ask lol.  Anyway, I am going with the arcade version this time around.  The only issue I am encountering is that, to go back in the main menu, arcade edition seems to use "backspace" instead of "Esc".  I tried the enabling "Esc" in the setup, but does not seem to work.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Sorry, Soooo obvious and it's been a couple years since I had to do a setup.  I forgot about the Custom Keys options and that they are only for the GameEx UI.

Edited by Buzzin69

Is it possible to load these Themed videos for the consoles in the main menu? Do themed videos only work after you click on them in the main menu? 

LEDBlinky does not currently work with GameEx Arcade Edition 64bit version. It may work with the 32bit version which should be an option when installing GameEx AE.

Just downloaded this update.  It would not run at all.  Double-clicked the GameEx and it would not start.  Tried even a clean install and and replaced gameex.ini with my recent backup.  Still no joy.  Reinstalled the last version before this one.  Up and running again. 

Hi, for me since the net version, dtloader don't seem to work. Where can i find the older versions of gameEx Arcade  to download until this problem is sorted.

Thanks you