All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Arcade Edition 18.61

(15 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

GameEx Arcade Edition is a derivative version of GameEx that is optimized for arcade controls, arcade machines, and HTPC systems where only gaming is wanted. It was originally designed for arcade game setups only but also supports any emulation system.

It is lighter, has cosmetic improvements and supports the new EmuMovies video themes.

It supports MAME, arcade systems, all other systems and has the following feature differences over the normal GameEx version.

• Supports video themes.
  • Less code. Lighter. Less options.
  • Optimized cosmetics for TV and arcade displays.
  • Good support for low resolutions (640 x 480) out of the box.
  • Does not look like windows. Does look a little like HyperSpin.

The video themes and all the content is available at EmuMovies and an automatic downloader is included with the front end.

Don't forget that GameEx subscribers get a 25% discount on an EmuMovies subscription.

Alternatively, subscribing users can use the MAME system pack:

What's New in Version 18.61   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 14

User Feedback

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

flocke28

6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

nice.. an auto update function should be usefull..

Link to review
Kirklob

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I have used and tried many front ends, including Maximus Arcade that is recommended now by XGaming, but GameEX (specifically for me the "Arcade Edition") is by far and away the most visually exciting, easy to use, and it is what I use on my arcade machine. Tom Spiers has stuck with this over many years and is still trying to make his product "Evolve" with his GameEX Evolution. I will be looking into these variations as they move along including the "core" build he is working on. 

I purchased a lifetime membership long ago when those were still possible and Tom has stood by my purchase throughout. I encourage anyone who has not tried this product to consider it. It is simply the best front end out there for Mame. 

Kirklob

Link to review
iral

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Excellent programm!

Works perfectly with an old XP computer and a high end rig on windows 10.

Link to review
Draco1962

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Pretty much GameEx minus the additional HTPC features & flourishes.

I would like to see custom menus and other features found in standard GameEx, but still a solid 5 stars IMO.

Link to review
upracha

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

very good

Link to review
Jazzandvo

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Awesome collection, easy to download and so very well put together! Thank You!! 

Link to review
MAMEiac

It has taken me years to get to the point where I had some spare hardware to run this all properly in my cabinet I built but now that it's all configured it was completely worth it. An amazing experience and I feel tremendously proud of how this helps me celebrate a childhood spent in many an arcade and playing on loads of systems either at home or a friend's house.

Link to review
Alex__punisher

La verdad que llevo tiempo buscando algo parecido a esto, porque retroarch no me mola como personalización, y desde hyperspin no encuentro nada igual. Espero que vaya guay.

Link to review
gnrsu1

It says 

•  Sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file.

What should i do?

Link to review
fafay

J'étais sur une autre plateforme pour pas citer et là je suis scotché , c'est vraiment sympa j'espère juste arrive à travailler correctement

Link to review