All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAME System Pack 0.197

(10 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

1 click setup and install of MAME with emulator, all media and artwork for GameEx, GameEx Arcade Edition and GameEx evolution.

1. Extract somewhere suitable
2. Run
3. Select your game files
4. Go!.

Compatible with GameEx and GameEx Evolution. A new easy way to setup MAME.

Note: File size is 19GB. Due to this size it is not available to basic members.

Also on FTP. I do recommend getting this file from the FTP rather than here due to the size of the file and possible timeouts etc.

For GameEx Arcade Edition change the regular GameEx path.

What's New in Version 0.197   See changelog

Released

Updated to work with GameEx Evolution 1.xx.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

ccmcdaniel78

Files keep getting to the very end then stopping and it eventually says network error click resume and it starts all over? am i doing something wrong? does anyone know a fix?

Link to review
iral

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Just perfect work!

Easy to install, works perfectly.

Thanks!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to review
Jazzandvo

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Wow, what a great, well put together collection. And SIMPLE! Thank You!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to review
smetks

· Edited by smetks

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

hi from Turkey..

I downloaded gameex to the computer. this is a great program and gameex has a lot of advantages. 

I want to download system packs (Mame, Nintendo ..) so i would like to pay for these packs. But I have a problem with PayPal.

Paypal was banned in Turkey due to the laws of the Turkish financial system and many rules related to debit cards. ( Https://www.paypal.com/tr/home )  

How do I install these packs on my computer? May you help me?

thank you ..

(#cometobesiktas  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9bc8Kdlbm0    )

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to review
Darkmenace81

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

its not even letting me extract the files says they are corrupt how do i fix this issue let me know please. its the first download have not made it to the rest i really want this dl.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to review
DaytaMOD

5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

For those who are still trying to work out this add-on, all the zip files work as a single zip package.  You cannot extract them individually. 

1. You must download all 11 of the zip files completely.  I used PeaZip (really good Open source zip application)
  2. Run the first zip file (right click and extract them depending on your ZIP software.  This will unpack them all to a suitable location you choose. 
  3. When complete run the MAME system pack installer.exe file
  4. Specify the location of your GameEx or GameEx Evolutions application,
  5. Select where your ROMS are located. 
    You need to have ROMs to begin with, and I recommend you get the 005.zip ROM as the setup looks in the folder for that file.  It's a small file and you can get it from EmuParadise.me (Link at time of this post is https://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/005/10878).
  6. Click Go and you are all set.

Once complete you will have a comprehensive pack of MAME media, all the artwork and other good stuff that will compliment the GameEx game selection menu. 
There are no ROMs in the system packs, they are packed with all the media artwork etc. 

Simply Austin on YouTube has provided a really guide good to installing this and the GameEx application.  Watch it here

Link: http://www.arcadepunks.com/gameex-front-end-basics-getting-setup/

Excellent work Tom.  Many thanks.

• Like 1
Link to review
BruceWayne

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

I don't know how to open these files.  They say .zip but I can't get any zip program to open them.   

Any help?  Thanks.

• Like 1
Link to review
Geoff Todd

3 of 4 members found this review helpful 3 / 4 members

How do I open these files, they are not zip files as their extensions are incorrect?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to review
Dr. Scientist

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

These games were the most important to me for my arcade project and this pack took care of it all, works perfectly!

• Like 1
Link to review
SuperMagicom

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Couldn't be easier to get MAME set up in GameEX.  Looking forward to the possibility of more system packs in the future.

• Like 1
Link to review