MAME System Pack 0.180

(5 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

1 click setup and install of MAME with emulator, all media and artwork for GameEx, GameEx Arcade Edition and GameEx evolution.

1. Extract somewhere suitable
2. Run
3. Select your game files
4. Go!.

Compatible with GameEx and GameEx Evolution. A new easy way to setup MAME.

Note: File size is 19GB. Due to this size it is not available to basic members.

Also on FTP. I do recommend getting this file from the FTP rather than here due to the size of the file and possible timeouts etc.

For GameEx Arcade Edition change the regular GameEx path.

What's New in Version 0.180   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 5

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Geoff Todd

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

How do I open these files, they are not zip files as their extensions are incorrect?

Share this review

Link to review
SuperMagicom

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Couldn't be easier to get MAME set up in GameEX.  Looking forward to the possibility of more system packs in the future.

Share this review

Link to review
Dr. Scientist

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

These games were the most important to me for my arcade project and this pack took care of it all, works perfectly!

Share this review

Link to review
DaytaMOD

For those who are still trying to work out this add-on, all the zip files work as a single zip package.  You cannot extract them individually. 

1. You must download all 11 of the zip files completely.  I used PeaZip (really good Open source zip application)
  2. Run the first zip file (right click and extract them depending on your ZIP software.  This will unpack them all to a suitable location you choose. 
  3. When complete run the MAME system pack installer.exe file
  4. Specify the location of your GameEx or GameEx Evolutions application,
  5. Select where your ROMS are located. 
    You need to have ROMs to begin with, and I recommend you get the 005.zip ROM as the setup looks in the folder for that file.  It's a small file and you can get it from EmuParadise.me (Link at time of this post is https://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/005/10878).
  6. Click Go and you are all set.

Once complete you will have a comprehensive pack of MAME media, all the artwork and other good stuff that will compliment the GameEx game selection menu. 
There are no ROMs in the system packs, they are packed with all the media artwork etc. 

Simply Austin on YouTube has provided a really guide good to installing this and the GameEx application.  Watch it here

Link: http://www.arcadepunks.com/gameex-front-end-basics-getting-setup/

Excellent work Tom.  Many thanks.

Share this review

Link to review
BruceWayne

I don't know how to open these files.  They say .zip but I can't get any zip program to open them.   

Any help?  Thanks.

Share this review

Link to review