GameEx Evolution Alpha 0.1

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

The GameEx Evolution frontend.

The next generation of front ends.

Latest version.

Full install.

Important note: The software is currently in Alpha state meaning it is not finished yet. There are bugs and it is not feature complete. The product however is in active development.

GameEx (without the Evolution) and GameEx Arcade Edition are the current production releases of our software with "Evolution" being the future and up and coming.

To get started quickly and easily try the MAME system pack:

11 people like this

User Feedback

Yeah, its a false positive:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d80060b7249430f99f171a7d91736ad30152d21f46767b734eab8715e060f271/analysis/

The "HEUR" is an indicator of a "heuristic" detection, which searches for patterns which commonly show up in virus/malware code. It's a good system to increase detection rates, but also often causes this kind of issue with a non-infected file appearing to be malware.

The "Generic" is another clue - it isn't detecting a specific virus, but a possible generic section of code which looks a bit off.

There is no OpenCandy either. If it really did have OpenCandy the virustotal results would look like this: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/540ebf2a2b487070d947248563e2333ae596769154f57cf61a4d556816de0a8f/analysis/

Share this comment

Looks like it will be good but since it is a wip I'm looking forward to the finished product.

Share this comment

Quite understandable @SamSC but you know software products are never finished. So look when it gets to version 1. If I have my choice all the software here will be extended for many years to come.

1 person likes this

Share this comment

That looks this good.

It is set up very easily and I have seen very positive things.

Excellent work, as always.

Share this comment

So I left a review yesterday, it disappeared somehow, first if a person takes his time to tell you about an issue and you just delete it shows you don't care or something similar. While I should have called quits on GameEx, I still gave it another shot because a friend on another forum had insisted I check it out, guess what same thing happened again, this time I'm uploading screenshots. So after a day and half from first attempt, when I have the daily limit back up, I clicked "Download this file", IDM (Internet Download Manager) comes up, starts searching for the file then gives this error. I set IDM not to monitor downloads from Gameex, clicked download this file again, it says download begins in 0 seconds and nothing happens for minutes, refreshed the page, clicked download and got the daily limit. This post is not for the admins, they might not put a note "Disable Download Managers before download", its for the rest of community to save them the agitation. bye GameEx. 

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Share this comment

Hi,

It was me that deleted your review because I care too much not the opposite. I look at all issues like this personally but I get upset when people post a 0 rating review without even trying the software and trying to resolve the issue. The forum is for reporting issues not posting 0 star reviews and reviews should be for the product not because of a technical issue. At best it is rude, at worst you hate me/us and are trolling.

Thanks for now reporting the issue, even though not properly. I will look at it. It is obviously an issue with download managers. I guess you are on dial up?

Again, I will look at the issue. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

It was me that deleted your review because I care too much not the opposite. I look at all issues like this personally but I get upset when people post a 0 rating review without even trying the software and trying to resolve the issue. The forum is for reporting issues not posting 0 star reviews and reviews should be for the product not because of a technical issue. At best it is rude, at worst you hate me/us and are trolling.

Well maybe its my fault, I'm a simple man, I see "USER FEEDBACK" on the download page and I leave feedback, as for 0 star rating, it didn't let me submit the feedback without a rating. It was the second time that I noticed comments tab under the USER FEEDBACK. How is helping a business in recognizing issues in their product delivery being rude, hateful or trolling. I don't hate you or GameEx, quite the opposite, I've heard great things for GameEx, GameEx Evolution and yourself, and I'm converting from HS to GameEx too like all my friends. Well you assumed a lot of things but dial up was the funniest :)

Anyways, you are right these don't belong here, you already know the issue, please delete my posts from here.

Share this comment

It's all good brother :)

But yeah, please try without the download manager if you can. Maybe there is an option to allow them somewhere. Like I said I will check. It is not intentional.

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Any update when we might see a version of Evolution that will work with more than just MAME? I'm anxiously waiting. It looks like you can get more of a Hyperspin look out of it without the complicated Hyperspin setup.

Share this comment

When I was trying to run it for first time, a message appears "Version expired"

Share this comment