All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ RESOLVED ] can you merge BIN files?

simbamame

Ok heres my delama, im using epsxe1.7.0 as my ps1 and 2 emulator and want to install in GameEx ( obviously ) but i have found that i can only load bin files and only the 1st 1 which is ok if the game is only 1 bin file long, but what happens when i have a file that is spread over numberous bin files... i have been trying for nearly 2 weeks to get it to work and this is the only way i can get it to work, I can load in the 1st file and it runs so my question is, is it possible to merge all the seperate bin files into 1 bin file??? as im sure i can then make it easier to instal in GameEx, it seems to work ok but how far can i go before a game crashes because of the other bin files??? its odd cos they have a packed size of 0 and the type is virtual clone drive, any help would be greatly appreciated as ive already lost my girlfriend by spending to much time trying to get this working. :(

Ian AKA SimbaMame.

Hmm... are these multi-disk games? I've never seen one game spread out over multiple bin files unless of course the game is spread out over actual discs. I don't use ps2 images but this seems a little unusual. Also virtual clone drive doesn't load cue sheets, so to use bin/cue you should look to DamonsTools instead.

Unless I'm missing something here...

Hi Adultery,

No mate these are not multi disc games, tekken for example has 1 cue file and 13 bin files, the 1st is the largest at about 144 meg the others are smaller ones between 8 and 32 meg, im wondering if they may be some kind of music files as i have read somewehere about audio files, so far games seem to play ok, so im a little stumped myself.

Ian

Ian - I believe that you need to configure it to Run Iso and select from the cue file - I googled the following link that may be of help in setting up epsxe to run cue files. I believe that the bin files are simply files that contain video, sound, and misc. data that the program needs to execute properly. Generally, it is just another name for a BINary file.

And this is where PSX games piss me off. Why can't it be a simple, 1 file rom like some of the other systems? :P I've got quite a bit of PSX games and several different file formats. I have .cue, .bin, .iso and .ccd. What I did was use the rom filter for whichever ran the game. For example, Ridge Racer has a .bin and .cue but, I have the .ccd file to play it with all the music and junk. Follow me? It took me a while to figure this all out and it works for my set up (using ePSXe and for pSX).

And this is where PSX games piss me off. Why can't it be a simple, 1 file rom like some of the other systems? :P I've got quite a bit of PSX games and several different file formats. I have .cue, .bin, .iso and .ccd. What I did was use the rom filter for whichever ran the game. For example, Ridge Racer has a .bin and .cue but, I have the .ccd file to play it with all the music and junk. Follow me? It took me a while to figure this all out and it works for my set up (using ePSXe and for pSX).

What I do when I get a game that is not bin\cue is use magic iso to convert them to bin\cue.works every time ;)

Thanks guys, all resolved now :), basically i set up from drago's link and then obtained some CDI, CDD and MDF format titles, as i still couldnt get the cue files to work, kept saying error, BUT All the MDF,CDD and CDI titles work 100% with full sound, and as celly says "junk" i followed what ya was saying lol.

... so thanks to all ... now to set it up in GameEx :D

Ian.

What I do when I get a game that is not bin\cue is use magic iso to convert them to bin\cue.works every time ;)

Magic Iso huh? I'll check this out, thanks for the tip.

Glad you got it figured out SM!

I use UltraISO for the same thing essentially, in case MagicISO doesn't fill the void for you. wink.gif

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is marked as Resolved and is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.