[ RESOLVED ] can you merge BIN files?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 simbamame

simbamame

See the light of the dark side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Mame, pinball and doing up Tom's cab that i have greatfully received. Find me on facebook and twitter, just ask.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Ok heres my delama, im using epsxe1.7.0 as my ps1 and 2 emulator and want to install in GameEx ( obviously ) but i have found that i can only load bin files and only the 1st 1 which is ok if the game is only 1 bin file long, but what happens when i have a file that is spread over numberous bin files... i have been trying for nearly 2 weeks to get it to work and this is the only way i can get it to work, I can load in the 1st file and it runs so my question is, is it possible to merge all the seperate bin files into 1 bin file??? as im sure i can then make it easier to instal in GameEx, it seems to work ok but how far can i go before a game crashes because of the other bin files??? its odd cos they have a packed size of 0 and the type is virtual clone drive, any help would be greatly appreciated as ive already lost my girlfriend by spending to much time trying to get this working. :(

Ian AKA SimbaMame.
Posted Image

#2 Adultery

Adultery

GameEx Tweaker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7374 posts
  • Interests:Heiney-kins???

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:03 PM

Hmm... are these multi-disk games? I've never seen one game spread out over multiple bin files unless of course the game is spread out over actual discs. I don't use ps2 images but this seems a little unusual. Also virtual clone drive doesn't load cue sheets, so to use bin/cue you should look to DamonsTools instead.

Unless I'm missing something here...

Adultery2.png

#3 simbamame

simbamame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Mame, pinball and doing up Tom's cab that i have greatfully received. Find me on facebook and twitter, just ask.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

Hi Adultery,

No mate these are not multi disc games, tekken for example has 1 cue file and 13 bin files, the 1st is the largest at about 144 meg the others are smaller ones between 8 and 32 meg, im wondering if they may be some kind of music files as i have read somewehere about audio files, so far games seem to play ok, so im a little stumped myself.

Ian
Posted Image

#4 Draco1962

Draco1962

Elder Teacher of Evolution to Creationists

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7209 posts
  • Interests:Anything PC, Arcade, or Xbox related.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

Ian - I believe that you need to configure it to Run Iso and select from the cue file - I googled the following link that may be of help in setting up epsxe to run cue files. I believe that the bin files are simply files that contain video, sound, and misc. data that the program needs to execute properly. Generally, it is just another name for a BINary file.

Draco1962.png

#5 celly

celly

GameEx God (Top Rank)

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1080 posts
  • Interests:Orphan Black

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

And this is where PSX games piss me off. Why can't it be a simple, 1 file rom like some of the other systems? :P I've got quite a bit of PSX games and several different file formats. I have .cue, .bin, .iso and .ccd. What I did was use the rom filter for whichever ran the game. For example, Ridge Racer has a .bin and .cue but, I have the .ccd file to play it with all the music and junk. Follow me? It took me a while to figure this all out and it works for my set up (using ePSXe and for pSX).

22222.png

#6 mesk

mesk

GameEx God (Top Rank)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

And this is where PSX games piss me off. Why can't it be a simple, 1 file rom like some of the other systems? :P I've got quite a bit of PSX games and several different file formats. I have .cue, .bin, .iso and .ccd. What I did was use the rom filter for whichever ran the game. For example, Ridge Racer has a .bin and .cue but, I have the .ccd file to play it with all the music and junk. Follow me? It took me a while to figure this all out and it works for my set up (using ePSXe and for pSX).

What I do when I get a game that is not bin\cue is use magic iso to convert them to bin\cue.works every time ;)

#7 simbamame

simbamame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

Thanks guys, all resolved now :), basically i set up from drago's link and then obtained some CDI, CDD and MDF format titles, as i still couldnt get the cue files to work, kept saying error, BUT All the MDF,CDD and CDI titles work 100% with full sound, and as celly says "junk" i followed what ya was saying lol.

... so thanks to all ... now to set it up in GameEx :D

Ian.
Posted Image

#8 celly

celly

GameEx God (Top Rank)

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1080 posts
  • Interests:Orphan Black

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

What I do when I get a game that is not bin\cue is use magic iso to convert them to bin\cue.works every time ;)

Magic Iso huh? I'll check this out, thanks for the tip.

Glad you got it figured out SM!

22222.png

#9 Adultery

Adultery

GameEx Tweaker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7374 posts
  • Interests:Heiney-kins???

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

I use UltraISO for the same thing essentially, in case MagicISO doesn't fill the void for you. Posted Image

Edited by Draco1962, 17 August 2012 - 05:34 PM.
This thread is marked as Resolved and is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.

Adultery2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users