All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How do you disable auto-update?

cervante

GameEx continues to download the same update, install & completly change my modified MAP files to the default ones. Really annoying since I have no backup of the modified MAP files after putting year/country/language for each game . <_< Can anyone help?

You can do so through the Advanced Configuration within the Enable/Disable Features. Select No for Enable GameEx Auto Updates. Tom has been notified under another thread so hopefully this will be fixed soon. As always, you should keep backups of any custom settings. I would recommend copying them to a folder called Backup within your MAPS folder or - even better, backup your entire GameEx folder and all sub folders to a separate drive along with the Backup folder previously suggested..

I haven't updated today (it didn't tell me I needed to, so...), but the last time I had this issue, the resolution was to manually update. The problem in that case was that a user input was required for something and the installer was timing out since it wasn't getting my response. With a manual update, I was able to enter the response and things proceeded. Not necessarily applicable here, but worth a mention.

I had the same issue all last night using auto-updates. I have GameEx set to require me to authorize the update, so I simply hit "Cancel" after it was clear that something was wrong.

This evening I updated without issue and no longer seem to have issues. Hopefully it is resolved for you as well.

-Brendan